Instep basket

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Instep basket

Postby Smyith » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:30 pm

i was screwing around on ebay the other night looking for SE Teebirds( incase i ever lose mine, god i hope not) and i saw Instep disc golf baskets that are realativley cheap and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/INSTEP-Fris ... pufuZxQ5A1
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby mkpowers » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:48 pm

I've got one, and it's been sitting in my Southern California backyard for a few months and I can't detect a hint of rust on it. It catches fairly well, although I added extra chains and some wheels to mine.

I got it for around $60 Buy-It-Now, and it came with 3 crappy discs that I use as coasters. It's worth the money if you get it below $100.
mkpowers
Noob

Postby Solty » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:05 am

if yer gonna spend the 100...save for a few more months and pick up the DB-5 from lightning. its like 180 shipped. The basket is super deep and its more portable as well. It comes galvanized and u can add chains to suit. Also is suitable for spot-welding and using permanently.

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Pagan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:45 am

I recently received one for my birthday gift (thanks to the wife) and I must say I love this basket. The only change I would make is a second set of chains for the inner ring. Holds up well, takes three pins to pull it apart for easy transport. It even fits in the wife's car little trunk.
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Blake_T » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:07 pm

there was a method posted on the pdga.com board a while back about an inner chain modification that was about $15-20 in parts.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment