Ace Race Disc this year?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ace Race Disc this year?

Postby discspeed » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:11 pm

rusch_bag wrote:I think stalkers are pretty average if not below. No glide, inconsistent, can throw a mid just as far. They are like a mid in driver form that don't have the form needed to throw a mid.

I agree 100%. I also think that the ESP cyclone is one of the worst examples of consistency in recent Discraft history...It could be anything from midrange slow and straight like a slightly faster beat Roc, or it could be a much faster and overstable disc. They've only ran them a few times as well. I think the XL is a good and proven mold that works well across all their plastics. It is a very straight disc, so I think they really need something to compliment that...Something that would hold a turn easy and glide, but have a decent fade at the end as well. Kind of like the River I've been throwing...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Booter » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 pm

rusch_bag wrote:I think stalkers are pretty average if not below. No glide, inconsistent, can throw a mid just as far. They are like a mid in driver form that don't have the form needed to throw a mid.

agreed. partially the reason i dropped stalkers after switching to buzzz's. my buzzz's were going the same distance as them. to make the stalker go far,they definitely needed height. so yes,they did lack glide. and inconsistancies were definitely there. i had proto z's,glows,and regular z's. the regular z's were all over the place. i had some flippy,some stable,some beefy. glows were the most consistant but still ,none the less, lacked a few things.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Peot » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 am

discspeed wrote:

I agree 100%. I also think that the ESP cyclone is one of the worst examples of consistency in recent Discraft history...It could be anything from midrange slow and straight like a slightly faster beat Roc, or it could be a much faster and overstable disc. They've only ran them a few times as well. I think the XL is a good and proven mold that works well across all their plastics. It is a very straight disc, so I think they really need something to compliment that...Something that would hold a turn easy and glide, but have a decent fade at the end as well. Kind of like the River I've been throwing...

I must have bought one of the magic ones... started off with a notch of LSS and a pretty healthy fade and beat into working all kinds of delicious turnover, h-flip and flex lines
Peot
Tree Magnet

Postby Triflusal » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 am

Peot wrote:
discspeed wrote:

I must have bought one of the magic ones... started off with a notch of LSS and a pretty healthy fade and beat into working all kinds of delicious turnover, h-flip and flex lines

same, all this cyclone talk is making me consider putting it back in the bag. they need to do a run of good pro d ones.
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:02 pm

will be posted on Monday......
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Lamp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:36 pm

That would be cool if they had some a field testing or on course video showing the disc.
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Is it possible they are going to give the Teebird/PD ish disc one more try? Some folks would say that they acheived that w the talon or stalker or something?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Lamp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:43 pm

I think people feel that the stalker fits that spot, I think there are a lot of mixed emotions on that disc though.
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Tracker as well
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Lamp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:50 pm

XL possibly? or is it a bit too fast?
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby new013 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:35 pm

anybody happen to be going to the Wilmington ace race next sunday?
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Lamp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Damn, next sunday? All of the ones in my area are in early September...
Lamp
Tree Magnet

Postby NoLifeLeft » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

The info is up on Facebook. Wide, neutral, beadless putter. Sounds like an Aero to me.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Booter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 am

Im thinking aero too

Prototype disc for 2011: wide, heavy putter!

2011 Ace Race prototype disc

This year's proto is unique and sweet, and we think you're going to love it! It's the widest diameter putt and approach model Discraft has ever offered, so it can legally weigh in at a hefty 183 grams (subject to PDGA approval)... that's at least a full seven grams more than other putters! The disc is obedient to its master and goes where you throw it, delivering directional precision and soft, flat landings. The rim is beadless and feels great in your hand. Think of it as a shorter, slower Comet that is hungry for chains.

class: putt and approach
plastics: ESP and Pro D
width: 22.06 cm
max weight: 182 or 183, depending on PDGA ruling

always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am

i'll show up no matter what they put out because the ace race is a blast...I am a little hesitant about this but optimisticas well. I have a 75% dcraft bag and trust them at least as much as any other competitor...
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment