Has the Teebird been left behind?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Has the Teebird been left behind?

Postby himynameismatt » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Peot wrote:
himynameismatt wrote:However I have the same problem with TB's that I do Rocs. The really great ones cost a pretty penny.

DX Teebirds and DX Rocs are like $8

Uh yeah come to oregon and see how long DX plastic holds up. My home course is Pier Park. Check out the photos on dgcoursereview.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:28 am

colombo117 wrote:I went back to teebirds and am happy i did. They are very consistent in all plastics.
My Firebird overstable 12x Champ TBs would like to have a word with you...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby bill » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 am

chickenonabun wrote:I've been tempted to try PD's, but I dont think they'd fit that well as i'd rather have true fairway drivers rather than fairway-distance tweener discs. All the inconsistancies with them also don't encourage me very much, i think I'll just stick with my Eagles and occasional teebird attempts for now.

a 160's s-pd is worth your money, even if it doesn't knock anything out of the bag. it's just a lot of fun to throw.

but anyway, eagles are just soooo much better in the wind than a teebird. so i made the switch.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:19 am

Hi Matt, Pier Park...*drooling*
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby colombo117 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 am

jubuttib wrote:
colombo117 wrote:I went back to teebirds and am happy i did. They are very consistent in all plastics.

I should say, somewhat consistent. I like the extra stability of the champs.

I would also like to add, that throwing my teebirds forehand as become my new secret weapon. They fly super straight when thrown this way.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby himynameismatt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm

I agree 100% on the 12x I had a couple opaque blues that were crazy beefy and refused to stay in the air. And yeah <3 Pier Park. Love this part of the country it's money when it comes to disc golf. Because of the wooded courses. A lot more Z Buzzz throwers around these parts than Dx Roc throwers. Most the really great players I know around here only use dx for rollers.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby chainsmoker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:18 am

chickenonabun wrote:I've been tempted to try PD's, but I dont think they'd fit that well as i'd rather have true fairway drivers rather than fairway-distance tweener discs. All the inconsistancies with them also don't encourage me very much, i think I'll just stick with my Eagles and occasional teebird attempts for now.

Replacing TB's with PD's didn't make sense for me, I think they are very different discs. If I dropped TB's after all these years I would pick up Eagles.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

TB never quite suited the courses and it wasn't as straight as everyone touts them to be so it was never fully locked in my bag anyway. All of the PDs i own fade too much and i don't have any of the straightness level i've witnessed on one early loaner P PD 168. So the PD was main driver only for last summer for me. Leo/Stalker and Beast for me this season. With return to Leo later in the summer dropping the Stalker.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

colombo117 wrote:
jubuttib wrote:

I should say, somewhat consistent. I like the extra stability of the champs.

I would also like to add, that throwing my teebirds forehand as become my new secret weapon. They fly super straight when thrown this way.
Oh I do like the extra stability of the Champs. I have a couple that fly like a Champ TeeBird should. The ones I referred to however are crazy overstable. Throw them hard and flat and they just want to crash down before reaching 300'.

But yeah, it's Innova...

Back on topic: I really really really do like the TeeBird. Two things are keeping it from my bag: 1. no real space between my MD2s (powers up well) and TDs/PDs (power down well) and 2. I don't think I have a single hole on my home course where I'd need it. Well, maybe one, but I prefer my PDs for that.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:27 pm

jubuttib wrote:

Flat or domey? Clear or opaque? flight numbers or no? I haven't been able to find a beefy teebird in forever.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 pm

rusch_bag wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
Flat or domey? Clear or opaque? flight numbers or no? I haven't been able to find a beefy teebird in forever.
Domey, some clear, some cloudy/pearly (you can still see through them), some with flight numbers, some without.

Just check PLH.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby money 21 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm

himynameismatt wrote:
Peot wrote:
himynameismatt wrote:However I have the same problem with TB's that I do Rocs. The really great ones cost a pretty penny.

DX Teebirds and DX Rocs are like $8

Uh yeah come to oregon and see how long DX plastic holds up. My home course is Pier Park. Check out the photos on dgcoursereview.

another oregon golfer here, my home course is tree top in The Dalles. i have had dx plastic ruin in one round up here. star/esp or champ/z are all you can throw here for anything faster then a putter.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby OKNate » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

A tye-dye Champ Teebird was the 2nd disc i ever bought about 4 years ago. First was a Star XCal, i thought the teebird was a midrange, hah. didnt' use it at all for a LONG time. One day me and a friend were emptying our bag just throwin drives and i ripped the Teebird with a slide Any on it and it glided further than any other disc i had. I was floored. Since then it's been my goto distance+Accuracy driver. Sadly that one was stolen, and i got another and the wind deposited it about 8 feet out into the abyss that was high grass/cattails of a lake. Just got a new one and it flies the same as the previous too. So now the battle is between that and my new vibram disc.. they fly quite the same. Love the Teebird.
OKNate
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Teebird

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:01 pm

What variations of Teebirds do you guys carry in your bag?

I have a used and abused 11x champ which has made me want to stop relying on beat-in S PD's for a workhorse driver.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby kern9787 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 pm

I've never thought of a PD as a "tweener" fairway/distance driver. It is a distance driver, it is just extremely versatile at the same time. The only reason I don't have a teebird in my bag still is because I've found PD/QJLS to be a lot more versatile than PD/teebird.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment