P2 putter - Psycho

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: P2 putter - Psycho

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:54 pm

hmm well i have one coming so hopefully it is beefy but ill prob just assume its like the reg s line
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:06 pm

are we talking like super beefy? the S P2 I tried wasn't super beefy
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 pm

I got my stack of D P2s (DGR stamped) and have found they're much softer than I wanted. I'm going to throw them and see how they fair for me; initially they look similar to a Warlock if memory serves me - been awhile since I've had one in my hands. I was hoping this disc would be a replacement for my DX BBs, so time will tell on that one.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby MizzouTiger26 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Sean40474 wrote:I got my stack of D P2s (DGR stamped) and have found they're much softer than I wanted. I'm going to throw them and see how they fair for me; initially they look similar to a Warlock if memory serves me - been awhile since I've had one in my hands. I was hoping this disc would be a replacement for my DX BBs, so time will tell on that one.

If you decide you don't want em, shoot me a pm.
PD~PD2~Quasar~Stalker~11xBanshee~Fuse~Axis~Gator~P2
MizzouTiger26
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Sean40474 wrote:I got my stack of D P2s (DGR stamped) and have found they're much softer than I wanted. I'm going to throw them and see how they fair for me; initially they look similar to a Warlock if memory serves me - been awhile since I've had one in my hands. I was hoping this disc would be a replacement for my DX BBs, so time will tell on that one.

I, too, would be interested if you don't like them. I have some DX BBs I'd part with for them.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby juju » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I schooled some peeps with my DGR P2s tonight. Those dummies kept air balling and doinking with wizards and bunk magnets. Soon they will learn...
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby BLURR » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 am

I've got two pretty much brand new D-P2's(Both 173) that are up for trade. Wasn't a fan of them. Prefer the Challenger. They seem to lack the glide that my challengers have. I did like their stability off the tee, but I can throw a challenger off the tee and achieve almost the same result.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby cfair » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 pm

I find myself liking the challenger more and more. Such a solid disc in baseline plastic. Have to get the orange and white ones though.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:32 pm

The Challenger is incredible when the runs are good. But just blah when the runs aren't good. You never know which one you're going to get.

This is why I switched to the Wizard, which is more or less consistently good (especially the medium and soft).

Was playing with Avery last week, he was crushing a S-P2...I was impressed by how stable it flew at high speeds. He gave one to me to try out, and so far I have to say, I like it quite a lot. It has a slightly different rim feel that I'm still getting used to. But seems like a great hyzer driving and controllable approach putter. It seemed to have decent glide, but not too much that it runs past the target.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby a.k » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:12 pm

any word on p-p2's going into production?
a.k
Noob

Favorite Disc: md-2

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:19 pm

a.k wrote:any word on p-p2's going into production?

Bump on this. I'm wanting to know too.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Joz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:07 am

I don't know about main production, but I am certainly glad that I am sitting on a fat stack of them :)
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Hoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 am

Hopefully we'll see them by the end of the summer, I emailed about availability, and they said they were expecting a production run "in the near future."
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby maskedavenger » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:38 am

I got a complimentary misprinted test sample of a P-P2 with my order from Discmania a while back. Haven't thrown it much yet so am not in love yet, but I can say the plastic is super nice. Stiff but not hard. Like KCP but with extra grip.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:35 am

maskedavenger wrote:I got a complimentary misprinted test sample of a P-P2 with my order from Discmania a while back. Haven't thrown it much yet so am not in love yet, but I can say the plastic is super nice. Stiff but not hard. Like KCP but with extra grip.

The one i felt a few years back was KC type stiffness and slickness. I lost my KC Aviar of last year that was way tackier than the P P2 i felt. I prefer the plastic of last years KC as long as the P2 flies well with it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment