force vs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

force vs

Postby money 21 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:46 pm

how do the ape, nuke os, chaos, and Quaser compare to the force?
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: force vs

Postby keltik » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 pm

and let's add the Blitz in there just to be silly.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby BLURR » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I was going to pick one of those to compare it to, I would go with the Quasar. About the only difference between my quasar and my forces I used to throw is the speed of the quasar. Other than that, they seem to have the same flight characteristics for me.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby himynameismatt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Generally speaking I'd expect the Force to fly less stable than any of the discs you listed.

IMO the Force is a slightly more stable Destroyer.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby discspeed » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:24 am

money 21 wrote:how do the ape, nuke os, chaos, and Quaser compare to the force?

The Ape is slightly faster and has more turn and fade.
The NukeOS is faster and markedly more high and low speed overstable
The Chaos is quite similar, though it seems to glide a bit more and fly slightly faster. It's not quite as predictable.
The Quasar is very similar, only faster...Because it's faster it fades a touch more. I think the Quasar is the most predictable speed 13 disc on the market in terms of holding it's line and fading across speeds and conditions.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:01 am

I was a dedicated Force thrower, I tried all of those but the Ape. The Quasar is in the bag now. I agree with discspeed's summary.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Smyith » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:00 am

how do forces beat in? how do they (new and beat) compare to a proper domed destroyer?
kindda thinking if i cant find me a proper destroyer in star (preferably echo) in the near future i may switch to something more readily available such as the force. mine is getting pretty beat up (understatement).
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:16 am

Forces don't glide like Destroyers...The ESPs beat in alright, but once they get a little high speed turn they are not that predictable.

FWIW I've come to the conclusion that distance drivers don't work for minimalism. Their flight characteristics are too ingrained by the mold to make them either good stable discs or good turning distance discs. The Destroyer is sort of an exception, but it's still a pita to try to find ones to cover the spectrum.
discspeed

Postby Smyith » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:31 am

discspeed wrote:Forces don't glide like Destroyers...The ESPs beat in alright, but once they get a little high speed turn they are not that predictable.

bummer

FWIW I've come to the conclusion that distance drivers don't work for minimalism. Their flight characteristics are too ingrained by the mold to make them either good stable discs or good turning distance discs.

Image on minimalism....as far as myself goes. good for development tho

The Destroyer is sort of an exception, but it's still a pita to try to find ones to cover the spectrum.

aint that the truth. and finding alike ones is becoming increasingly difficult. innova should adopt the millennium run numbers so its easier on us to get similar discs. but that could end up slapping them in the face.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Minimalism is definitely great for when you're starting out, and even gotten a bit further, but when you know what your discs can and can't do, you should try to fill in the gaps with other molds.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Hyzerline49 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 am

the force is better.... i carry 3 different forces, and they work awesome alongside hurricanes. all of my distance shots are carried out by these two. tried out the teedevil/destroyer combo for a while, but it couldnt compare.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby discspeed » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Hyzerline49 wrote:the force is better.... i carry 3 different forces, and they work awesome alongside hurricanes. all of my distance shots are carried out by these two. tried out the teedevil/destroyer combo for a while, but it couldnt compare.

Have you tried it against the Quasar?

I like the Force better all around than the other discs listed in the first post, but I think the Quasar is the exception. The wall I hit with Forces is that while the ESPs are fast and stable, they break in a little too quickly. The stable Zs are domey, and too stable to fly very far (almost like the NukeOS). They also get shortened even more by headwinds due to the big dome. There are some fundraiser Forces that can fill in the gap there, but seriously, the Quasar is still better. It's a little faster/longer than the good new ESP Forces, and is every bit as predictable about being turned and coming back. The Quantum/Champion plastic is better than Z in flight and better than ESP for durability.
discspeed

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 am

discspeed wrote:
Hyzerline49 wrote:the force is better.... i carry 3 different forces, and they work awesome alongside hurricanes. all of my distance shots are carried out by these two. tried out the teedevil/destroyer combo for a while, but it couldnt compare.

Have you tried it against the Quasar?

I like the Force better all around than the other discs listed in the first post, but I think the Quasar is the exception. The wall I hit with Forces is that while the ESPs are fast and stable, they break in a little too quickly. The stable Zs are domey, and too stable to fly very far (almost like the NukeOS). They also get shortened even more by headwinds due to the big dome. There are some fundraiser Forces that can fill in the gap there, but seriously, the Quasar is still better. It's a little faster/longer than the good new ESP Forces, and is every bit as predictable about being turned and coming back. The Quantum/Champion plastic is better than Z in flight and better than ESP for durability.

you seem to have a pretty limited experience with forces then... you just described very specific discs as if those were the only ones that you have thrown.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby Ryan C » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 pm

I'd say Forces are like any other disc ever. There are some pretty flat ones, there are some domey ones. There are some with turn, and there are some that are very overstable. They fly well. If you have a domey Z that is beat into being flippy, you have an incredibly long flying disc.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 pm

woah, blast from the past.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Next

Return to Equipment