Avenger props

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Avenger props.

Postby money 21 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 pm

sunspot wrote:
SirRaph wrote:I had Avengers in my bag for a few months. I really like them. The only problem is that I found a lot of overlap between new/slightly worn Avengers and slightly worn/beat Preds. And as much as I like Avengers, they'll never knock Preds out of my bag.

Is there overlap, yes and no. Yes, because you will find a beefy Avenger that can function as a Pred and a LPL Pred that will function more like a Avenger. No, because the Pred is a true overstable mold whereas the Avenger is a mod-overstable mold.

I carry both, but if a I eliminated one mold it would be the Pred. I could carry a beefier Aveng and power down on a Force to cover Pred like shots. Two more reasons why I might eliminate take the Pred out is that the Aveng comes in different plastics and it's better at shaping lines out of the box. It would take a little bit for a Pred to get to a point to work more lines. It doesn't take as long for a X Avenger.

if you haven't tried a tsunami you should they seem to me to fall right between the pred and avenger,
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: Avenger props

Postby keltik » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:03 am

I thought the word was that the Tsunami was the original Pred mold.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby money 21 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:18 pm

it was the original pred but it is a little less stable.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:32 pm

A trifle surprised not to hear much love for ESP Avengers. My favorites. Odd how I prefer Z Forces and ESP Avengers. Whatever works, I suppose.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby keltik » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:42 pm

I only have two ESPs and they are both Beefy. one is 174 and the other is 168.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby money 21 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 pm

the x avengers is what i an surprised more people don't throw I think it is every bit what the ppd is.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sunspot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 pm

money 21 wrote:the x avengers is what i an surprised more people don't throw I think it is every bit what the ppd is.

Yep. IMO, they are better than a PPD. You can hyzer-flip a seasoned Avenger and it will come back, a PPD is more likely to not recover.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby keltik » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 am

I've had some X Avengers that wouldn't/didn't recover and they are somewhere in the woods.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby sunspot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 am

Where are these woods located at? :mrgreen:

I should have said that a "seasoned Avenger will be more apt to come back." I can't trust a PPD like I can with the X Avengers.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 am

yeah it actually hit a tree and cut across the fairway so technically it did come back lulz. I've only throw christmas stamp SPDs. and I will admit my favorite flippy Avenger does eventually come back (after about 450').
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby jubuttib » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:13 am

sunspot wrote:Where are these woods located at? :mrgreen:

I should have said that a "seasoned Avenger will be more apt to come back." I can't trust a PPD like I can with the X Avengers.
I'll chime in and say that A) I liked the X Avenger turso had, seemed like a great disc, felt nice in the hand and flew great, and B) while I wouldn't trust a stiff P-PD to come back until very late in the flight, my gummy ones that started out more stable are much more reliable in that regard and probably match the X Avenger.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby keltik » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:05 pm

One of these days I'm gonna do the Pepsi challenge with the Avenger, PD and OLF.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby sunspot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 pm

keltik wrote:One of these days I'm gonna do the Pepsi challenge with the Avenger, PD and OLF.

I did. I chose "C", which was the Avenger. I might revisit the OLF. I probably won't revisit the PD.

Here's my criteria between the three:

1) The said mold has to come in multiple plastics

2) The said mold that comes closer to base plastic wins

3) The said mold has to wear at a fair rate

4) The said mold has to be versatile at line-shaping (new and/or beat)

5) The said mold has to have respectable distance (new and beat)

6) The said mold has to be readily available at different retailers

7) The said mold has to be easy on the pocket book

That's my general criteria between the three molds. I feel like the Avenger (especially X) covers all the basis of my requirements.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 am

Interesting criteria. How long ago did you do this?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby sunspot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 am

keltik wrote:Interesting criteria. How long ago did you do this?

As far as the formulation is concerned, it didn't happen at once. I first started out with the a 1.2 MOLF and my distance was around the 350 range. One thing that turned me off was how stable it was when new. I don't know if was the new top that made it more stable or what. I stopped throwing it.

I wanted something that was little less stable that could be worked more when new. I tried other things until the PD came out. I eventually got a PPD and was impressed. My initial impression with the PD wore off once I realize that the P version wasn't as reliable as it became seasoned. I stuck it out by using a DGR SPD. By this time my distance increased to able to 400 with the PD.

During this time I was questioning the PD. My doubt led me to buy a X Avenger and a DX TeeBird. The initial impression of the X Avenger wasn't good. I was impressed with the TB because I was getting the same distance with it as I was with the PD. The TB increased my doubts further about the PD. I knew I could get the TB in base plastic, I could throw it as far as the PD, and it was a smaller rim. I was going to make the change until I went out and practiced with my X Avenger. I mentioned earlier that my initial impression of the X Avenger wasn't good. The reason for why is that it reminded me of the PD.

As I began to throw it more I realized that it was what I wanted the PPD to be. It starts off more stable when new and breaks in to being more workable. The TB's fault, as commonly known, is that it's not as versatile on lines as it seasons. The Avenger gets similar distance while being more versatile than the TB and being more reliable in X plastic than the PPD. For me, it was the best of both worlds.

As far as the 1.2 OLF is concerned, even after my distance increased I still didn't like it as much as the Avenger. I found the Avenger more usable.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment