Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Booter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 am

soo yeah,i picked up a few of the new run cfd's and they are so nice,well atleast the flat ones are. i have yet to throw the domey ones and probably wont because it doesnt feel right in the hand. the ones i have arent fb flat but are pretty flat for an fd. still has the high shoulder but after that the dome flattens out. mine are all the same and pretty hss with no turn. these fly like a fresh candy qjls. i have thrown these flatties in headwinds and they soar super straight like my ce qjs do in a calm wind.

so far i like them as a stable compliment to my qjs instead of breaking out fresh ce qjs for that spot. i love the feel and grip on them as well. whatever new blend innova has atm,its nice and stiff with a slight pearl. these cfd feel just like my 3r cpd's and the new run of md2.

i think i might need to hoard :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Pwingles » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:19 pm

The new run MD2 flat like the tasty ones? Domey? Varying? Was looking to try them out but disnt like the feel of the gummier domey ones.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby blammo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Loving the new C-Line FDs. I like a flatter S-line too, but the Cs feel great in hand and I'm not getting any high speed turn at my power level, and I'm throwing them FH. I might have finally found a suitable replacement for my 11X Gazelles. And at $13, I'll be hoarding too :)
blammo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Shark

Postby what'shisname » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:28 pm

I've been loving my beat SFD's lately. Nice left to right action and sneeeeaky long. Had a few beautiful shots with them during league night last night that got me some birds on holes that I usually have trouble getting to.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Jaguars... (almost) any at all!!

Postby Jantho » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:37 am

I'm looking for Jaguars. I don't care about weight as long as it's over 175 grams and I certainly don't care about color. I would prefer the quality to be of a level on par with nothing more than a few abrasions or nicks. I'm not interested in broken, cracked or notched disks I will pay well for whatever is available as I use these as rollers and can't seem to find any other disc that performs or works as well for me. I would also appreciate any word-of-mouth dispersion of my need for these. I am not a collector! I AM a disc golfer in need of an old friend and as many of them as I can find!
Jantho
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Jaguars... (almost) any at all!!

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:07 am

Jantho wrote:I'm looking for Jaguars. I don't care about weight as long as it's over 175 grams and I certainly don't care about color. I would prefer the quality to be of a level on par with nothing more than a few abrasions or nicks. I'm not interested in broken, cracked or notched disks I will pay well for whatever is available as I use these as rollers and can't seem to find any other disc that performs or works as well for me. I would also appreciate any word-of-mouth dispersion of my need for these. I am not a collector! I AM a disc golfer in need of an old friend and as many of them as I can find!
Fair enough, but why ask for them in a Jackal thread?

Anyhoo, I've been loving my S-FDs more than I ever imagined possible. They've been a perfect filler between my mids and control drivers, and they've diversified my game quite a bit. Just wish there was a variation that had the HSS of the C-Lines and less LSS than the S-Lines... Though that's basically another disc entirely. Hopefully the eventual FD2 will be something like that.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 am

Whoops, posted in the wrong thread:
jubuttib wrote:Just got some 2nd run C-FDs, based on their description they seem to be Jolly Launcher plastic (quite stiff) with a bit of bubble action going on in the rim. They feel good, but I have to say I was really surprised by the PLH difference when compared to my 1st run C-FD. That one is clearly more stable than my S-Lines, it does have some turn but not a whole lot. But it pales in comparison:

The one on the left is the 2nd Run. Don't know what to expect from these, haven't thrown them yet, but they're likely going to be quite stable/overstable. If the fade isn't too harsh I might be able to replace the TeeBirds I've been lugging around with these...
Eagerly awaiting to see how these fly, perhaps they're the answer to my wishes in my previous post? =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Flipflat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:00 pm

I want a champ Teebird with more fade, C-FD good choice? First run vs second?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:33 am

Based on what Joz said in the FD thread, the 2nd runs start out almost Banshee overstable but develop a turn later, still maintaining fade. So I don't think they'd really fit that description. If it was me, I'd look for the highest PLH Champ/Star Teebirds I could find, I've had some that had a very significant fade.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:04 am

Considering the mini firebird or banshee type flight of the second run c fd i have and the toughness of the plastic i hope it will not change to flipping that fast. I have not thrown mine enough to say for sure how quickly it will change.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Joz » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 am

I should have also mentioned the 2nd run's lack of glide, as well as they seem to be much faster than the advertised speed 7 (which makes sense).
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:22 am

Joz wrote:I should have also mentioned the 2nd run's lack of glide, as well as they seem to be much faster than the advertised speed 7 (which makes sense).
Seeing how flat mine are compared to the incessantly domey 1st runs and S-Lines, that's exactly what I was expecting.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:59 am

OK, these are absolutely fantastic. I just kicked out my TeeBirds, these handle the exact same duty. I need to buy more while they're still available. =)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Joz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm

jubuttib wrote:OK, these are absolutely fantastic. I just kicked out my TeeBirds, these handle the exact same duty. I need to buy more while they're still available. =)

Welcome! Good luck in your search, because they are becoming harder and harder to find (at least in the States). There are plenty of 3rd runs here. I am up to 12 2nd runs and 6 3rd runs :)
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:49 am

Joz wrote:
jubuttib wrote:OK, these are absolutely fantastic. I just kicked out my TeeBirds, these handle the exact same duty. I need to buy more while they're still available. =)

Welcome! Good luck in your search, because they are becoming harder and harder to find (at least in the States). There are plenty of 3rd runs here. I am up to 12 2nd runs and 6 3rd runs :)
I think they only just became available here in Finland, so I should be OK. =)

EDIT: Ah, might have been a bit hasty, at least Powergrip only had a few (InnovaStore probably has plenty though). Well, they happened to have the "exact same ones as I have now", meaning they're nominally the same weight and are the same color, so I ordered 4 of them, bringing me up to six. Considering the rate which I go through discs the last 3 will probably outlast me. =)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment