Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Booter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02 pm

pics chris!!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!
User avatar
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: plaztek bins!
Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Flipflat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 pm

MizzouTiger26 wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:a slightly longer, slightly less stable JLS would rule.



What does a JLS fly like? Never thrown one.


Straight and far. Q is straight but maybe not as far. M is easy distance. There used to be a jls thread here, haven't seen it in a while.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Detroitish
Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby himynameismatt » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 am

Timko wrote:So I got my testers today, and played some glow with it. I was playing on a course that I don't really play that much where I only had 3/4 shots that I'd really use it on, but here's some of my impressions.

* It's got an L bottom for sure. I would say it's a Leopard bottom, but the FD feels more meaty in the hand. That may be because all of the Leopards I have are 150 class Champion.
* If you turn it over, it's going right.
* Thrown flat, it's got a tiny amount of tracking to the right with a tiny amount of fade. I threw it mainly on some low shots around 300'.

I'll try to get in some more throwing over the Thanksgiving holiday and let you know what I think. I'll be sending out some of these to other community members to review on Saturday morning when I get back.


That has me less excited. Sounds like it might be a hair more understable than what I was hoping for.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:40 am
Location: Portland, OR
Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:56 am

Timko wrote:* It's got an L bottom for sure. I would say it's a Leopard bottom, but the FD feels more meaty in the hand. That may be because all of the Leopards I have are 150 class Champion.
Or because the rim of the FD is two mm wider (according to specs).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Timko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:50 am

Booter wrote:pics chris!!


Sorry Booter, I fell asleep before taking pics, and I'm on a 7am flight to Arkansas. BTW, if anyone in Little Rock wants to play today, let me know!
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby dgdave » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 am

I'd play burns with ya if I was there.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Timko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:33 am

Some more thoughts from the airport.

* It's easy to finesse. I mentioned throwing it around 300'; the course I was playing as a ton of conifer trees, and the best lines are low lines. I was able to throw it on really controllable lines without much power. Just spin it and watch it go. I haven't got to air it out yet.

* Lots of glide. I threw it pretty low and it stayed I. The air pretty well. However, this is t surprising for a Discmania driver.
* Same anhyzer top, Leopard bottom. That's what I'm going with.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby CatPredator » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:49 am

x-out wrote:Drivers in the Bag:...S-FD.


So you are throwing fresh S-FDs? The way you two are talking, it sounds almost like a Meteor.
CatPredator
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Favorite Disc: Aviars

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Booter » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 am

no it doesnt
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!
User avatar
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: plaztek bins!
Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 am

Timko wrote:Some more thoughts from the airport.

* It's easy to finesse. I mentioned throwing it around 300'; the course I was playing as a ton of conifer trees, and the best lines are low lines. I was able to throw it on really controllable lines without much power. Just spin it and watch it go. I haven't got to air it out yet.

* Lots of glide. I threw it pretty low and it stayed I. The air pretty well. However, this is t surprising for a Discmania driver.
* Same anhyzer top, Leopard bottom. That's what I'm going with.


This is what I wanted to hear.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby CatPredator » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:40 am

x-out wrote:it can hit hyzer lines, hyzer flips, long turnovers, and hold a turnover into the ground.


x-out wrote:it really depends on how far you are trying to push it on low lines that dictates the amount of turn you will see. this will be an amazing disc for any technical/wooded courses. it also works well powered down.


Timko wrote:* If you turn it over, it's going right.
* Thrown flat, it's got a tiny amount of tracking to the right with a tiny amount of fade. I threw it mainly on some low shots around 300'.


That all sounds very Meteory to me, especially if these two are throwing brand new max weight premium plastics discs and they're already flying like that. I'd imagine the FD will carry a bit better once you push it past 325' so you can hit longer lower ceilings, but the flight sounds very similar to me. In any event, it sounds like a great first distance driver for new players, and something that will be fun to play with for more experienced players.
CatPredator
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Favorite Disc: Aviars

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 am

sounds like a comet to me.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Timko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:09 am

It's really more like a broken in Roc. Or a shorter broke in PD with less fade. It doesnt do any of it's turning nearly as abruptly as a Meteor.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Trey133 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Good work Discmania!

Sounds like they hit the mark on making a Euro Leopard!
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1464
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby discspeed » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Timko wrote:So I got my testers today, and played some glow with it. I was playing on a course that I don't really play that much where I only had 3/4 shots that I'd really use it on, but here's some of my impressions.

* It's got an L bottom for sure. I would say it's a Leopard bottom, but the FD feels more meaty in the hand. That may be because all of the Leopards I have are 150 class Champion.
* If you turn it over, it's going right.
* Thrown flat, it's got a tiny amount of tracking to the right with a tiny amount of fade. I threw it mainly on some low shots around 300'.

I'll try to get in some more throwing over the Thanksgiving holiday and let you know what I think. I'll be sending out some of these to other community members to review on Saturday morning when I get back.


That sounds awesome! The community is very anxious to review these!
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests