Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby JR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:41 am

Loop wrote:C-line FD is the best disc I have ever thrown, period.

nuff said. 8)

How does it differ in shape from production S-Lines and does it differ in flight lines? My S 175 fades twice as much as a C leo or even more. It has a really tall dome and i think it could be a lemon differing from others. And it flips more than a Leo c 175 much more.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Loop » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 am

JR wrote:
Loop wrote:C-line FD is the best disc I have ever thrown, period.

nuff said. 8)

How does it differ in shape from production S-Lines and does it differ in flight lines? My S 175 fades twice as much as a C leo or even more. It has a really tall dome and i think it could be a lemon differing from others. And it flips more than a Leo c 175 much more.

Mine is an orange one. Pretty tall dome, nice stiff, yet surprisingly grippy plastic... A lot grippier than the S-line at least. 8)
The fade is pretty much non-existent, then again I haven't thrown Leos much, but think of a seasoned Star TL.
Handles a lot more power than the S-line. And glides on forever. :shock: I mean, I can get this disc go a lot further than a PD, with less power.
I don't know how it will work for others, but for me this disc is da bomb. Long, dead straight shots, with almost no fade = Perfection.
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby JR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:28 am

Leo is much straighter than the TL and the S FD i have fades about identical to my TLs. So out semantics vary. Sidewinder and River fade significantly less than the FD i have. In Teebird era the FD would have been the benchmark for straightness of flight in drivers but not any more. So i understand why some call the FD straight. I call it straightish belonging to the same camp as MJLS and TL fade wise.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:12 am

Since I couldn't find any c-fd's anymore I tried out an interesting combo on the driving range this morning

Champion ArchAngel and S-FD. they compliment each other really well. They have the same top and really the speed 7/8 difference isn't noticeable. Just figured put that thought in folks minds as nice stable version of the FD
Last edited by zj1002 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby slowarm » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Champ Archangel, what? I thought these were made only in dx.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby zj1002 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:24 pm

there is a run of CFR C-AA. They are in the mold that is more stable(old mold). The plastic is grippy, flexy and really nice. The heavies are banshee stable
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:25 pm

The C FD is nowhere near the same as a C AA
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:08 pm

I know that, I haven't thrown it yet. I was just noting that it makes a nice compliment to the FD in general. If someone wanted 2 discs that felt similar in the hand this is a great pairing. I'm probably going to use a C-AA and S-FD as the only drivers for my casual bag
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:11 pm

I got ya. I read it as if you can't get a C FD, get a C aa.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby zj1002 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:27 pm

yeah I see where it might come across like that. i'll edit it
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Pwingles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I have 2 otw to me, will have them this week, both 170-172 domey and light blue S lines. If this is another S-TD pos im gonna be bummed. I looked forward to the TD so much and when i finally got one in S line max weight it was wayyyyy beefier than what i assumed it would be. Maybe i got a freak TD but i was under the assumption they were slightly more hss sidewinders and that isnt what i got at all
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby dgdave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:24 am

TDs are kinda beef, just give them some time and break them in. They are so so so nice.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby mzoro » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:41 am

zj1002 wrote:there is a run of CFR C-AA. They are in the mold that is more stable(old mold). The plastic is grippy, flexy and really nice. The heavies are banshee stable

Funny I just got a c-aa in the mail. Threw it this morning into a strong head wind and your right it is banshee stable.

I too was let down by the TD. The FD is awesome though. A nice turner right off the shelf.
sidewindersPDpredatorFDkcROCchallenger
mzoro
Noob

Favorite Disc: leopard

Postby uNicedmeMan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 am

Broke down and snagged two max weight red sFDs, they are nice and grippy with a dome that flattens at the top. Does anyone else have flattened dome FDs? I should be getting out to throw them today and will report back with findings.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby zj1002 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 am

That sounds like the ones I bought. For the most part they had less HSS than my tester/proto. I preferred my beat up tester over the stock run. From what I have seen domey Jackals are the better ones. The flat ones don't glide as well so if you throw them at a high speed they get kinda dumpy/touchy and don't penetrate forward as well
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment