Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:40 am

Finally got to test my sFD a bunch yesterday and the preliminary results are: it's the (.Y.)'s!

As many have said, the glide on this disc is absolutely amazing and it can handle some nuttage = highly capable of bombing. Looking forward to throwing this disc more but I really don't even want it to break in, it's perfect right where it is. Are they planning to have production C lines?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby what'shisname » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

I just birdied a hole with my CFD that I'd never two'd before. It's not a huge shot, maybe 320' but it doglegs right and then fades back left again. I always get caught up in the trees with a late release or I turn something over too far, but it's like the FD was made for this line for me. Relased it with a hair of anny and it held the line all the way down before fading right in to within 10' of the pin. :mrgreen:

Really liking how this disc is flying for me!
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:10 am

Does the FD compliment PD's better than a TD? What I mean by this: TD's tend to be beefy and require some decent power to fly straight and/or shape lines. I would love to find a compliment to PD's that don't need to be thrown hard to shape lines. I have a Leo for that slot, but it doesn't fly much further than my MD2 or Super Stingray, on the same lines.

Also, what dome height tends to be most favorable for glide and line-shaping in S FD's?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:23 am

Fightingthetide wrote:I would love to find a complement to PD's that don't need to be thrown hard to shape lines.
In that sense it definitely fits better than the TD.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby what'shisname » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 am

I dropped the td for the fd after a week with them. They work great with the pd's.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 am

I didn't drop them, but supplemented them.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Samble » Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Just got a Jackal in the mail today, with a number of other discs, and a new tourney bag. This is one of the best discs I have ever thrown. Does what you tell it to, and I was easily throwing it ~25 feet further than the Blizzard Ape i got in the same box. I am going to order three more as soon as I post this.
Samble
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rhyno

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 07, 2012 10:15 am

Got two D-FD's today, marked 175 and 170 but really they were 174 and 173. Lighter one has a slightly lower PLH. Both are made from a really nice, stiff blend of D, grippy and overall tasty. In the air they're much more understable than the S-Lines, but still have a slow turn (it just lasts long) and they're hard to not turn over from a pretty severe hyzer. Still, they don't turn and burn on you that easily, and love being thrown high. Great for turnover lines that hold till the end.

Great discs, will be perfect companions for my S-FD's until they beat in.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Timko » Mon May 07, 2012 10:56 am

They break in pretty quick.

Note that the nose looks smaller on them. The plastic didn't puff up, which I think gives them more speed (and more glide), but makes their flight change quicker over use.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby what'shisname » Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 am

jubuttib wrote:Got two D-FD's today, marked 175 and 170 but really they were 174 and 173. Lighter one has a slightly lower PLH. Both are made from a really nice, stiff blend of D, grippy and overall tasty. In the air they're much more understable than the S-Lines, but still have a slow turn (it just lasts long) and they're hard to not turn over from a pretty severe hyzer. Still, they don't turn and burn on you that easily, and love being thrown high. Great for turnover lines that hold till the end.

Great discs, will be perfect companions for my S-FD's until they beat in.

I really want some of these.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Mon May 07, 2012 11:17 am

They're awesome, awesome rollers.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Timko wrote:They break in pretty quick.

Note that the nose looks smaller on them. The plastic didn't puff up, which I think gives them more speed (and more glide), but makes their flight change quicker over use.
It really didn't puff up, even the diameter is a couple of millimeters smaller.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby patdabunny » Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am

Anyone know of this mold's relation to the Leopard? If you look closely at the bottom of the rim (where the flashing is, just out toward the edge from there), it looks like a "smoothed out" bump that the leopard has. The Leo has an odd thing on the lip right at the very bottom of the lip. The jackal has a small remnant of that but looks like it was smoothed out, partially. I was just curious to see if this was intentionally partially removed? Anyone know or have a guess?
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby keltik » Tue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm

patdabunny wrote:Anyone know of this mold's relation to the Leopard? If you look closely at the bottom of the rim (where the flashing is, just out toward the edge from there), it looks like a "smoothed out" bump that the leopard has. The Leo has an odd thing on the lip right at the very bottom of the lip. The jackal has a small remnant of that but looks like it was smoothed out, partially. I was just curious to see if this was intentionally partially removed? Anyone know or have a guess?

I too am curious about this.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby plex » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 am

i dont like my FD, it always turns and goes way right if i throw it with any power at all.. this happened on a 280' hole... the disc just took a turn and wouldnt come back :( i almost lost it..
Destroyer, Sword, Shock, Volt, Amp, River, Gator, Vector, Axis, Ion
plex
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment