Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby x-out » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 am

Booter wrote:Wow the fd sounds promising. Sounds like a better stalker...

Or a qjls lol. Welp looks like its gonnabe a battle for sure between my qjls n this fd. Thanks for the info xout

Hows it fly on low lines?

it is great on low lines. it really depends on how far you are trying to push it on low lines that dictates the amount of turn you will see. this will be an amazing disc for any technical/wooded courses. it also works well powered down. i feel that i could go to any course with only an FD as a driver and shoot very well.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 am

Im sold!

How far were u getting them out approximately?
Weight on urs?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby x-out » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 am

maskedavenger wrote:dear god, x-out... that is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I do need a go-between to fill out the spot going up from MD2 to CD/PD... I'll probably get one on the lighter side, so that it does what I need it to with less power. That glide sure sounds good! Until then I'll tinker with a just purchased 167g CH TL+ that I was planning for this role. Just too bad were expecting first snow here... :x

i liked the CH TL+. it just didn't fit my stable/understable role perfectly. the TL took a little more effort than i felt comfortable with to shape the understable shots. after some seasoning i'm sure the CH TL+ will be a great stable/understable disc. maybe at 167g you might have better success.

only time will tell, but i'm thinking i will only like out of the box and seasoned FD's. beat FD's will likely be too leopard-ish for my taste. who knows maybe beat FD's will be a great roller.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby x-out » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 am

Booter wrote:Im sold!

Weight on urs?

weight=175g

i threw on the field and on the course. in the field they were just as long as my CH-EX & C-PD, anywhere in the 430-450ft range. on the course it was best suited for holes in the 380 and under range. in reality i was throwing it on every hole, but realistically it was getting use on holes where i'd normally be pushing a roc really hard on low lines. on the course it really doesn't make much sense to crank this thing when i can control a nice destroyer to cover the long shots.

basically if there is a shot where you are using a roc or would like to use a roc, but the ceiling it too low, the FD should come out. if you need a nice controlled turn, the FD should come out. this disc is the most roc-like driver i've ever thrown.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 am

Booter wrote:Wow the fd sounds promising. Sounds like a better stalker...

Or a qjls lol. Welp looks like its gonnabe a battle for sure between my qjls n this fd. Thanks for the info xout

Hows it fly on low lines?

That's exactly what I was thinking...It sounds a lot like a Stalker...BUT WITH GLIDE!!!

I loved the Stalker, still think it's probably the best fit in between my Buzzz and PD, eagerly anticipating the release of the FD!
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:08 am

x-out wrote:
Booter wrote:Im sold!

Weight on urs?

weight=175g

i threw on the field and on the course. in the field they were just as long as my CH-EX & C-PD, anywhere in the 430-450ft range. on the course it was best suited for holes in the 380 and under range. in reality i was throwing it on every hole, but realistically it was getting use on holes where i'd normally be pushing a roc really hard on low lines. on the course it really doesn't make much sense to crank this thing when i can control a nice destroyer to cover the long shots.

basically if there is a shot where you are using a roc or would like to use a roc, but the ceiling it too low, the FD should come out. if you need a nice controlled turn, the FD should come out. [b]this disc is the most roc-like driver i've ever thrown.[b]

A beat roc in my opinion is a lot like a Comet, so this disc is sounding a little like a Comet of Fairways. Either way it's getting Roc comparisons which has me terribly excited.
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 am

God I really hope this thing doesn't throw like a stalker.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:God I really hope this thing doesn't throw like a stalker.

A Stalker type disc seems like the only logical progression for Innova/Discmania fairways, meaning they don't have anything in their lineup that flies like one so why not try and make a better one.

Only bad thing about the Stalker mold is that it doesn't glide well and needs A LOT of air under it to get it past 400' which IMO you shouldn't be trying to throw a Stalker much past 400' anyways.

If the Jackal can take the Stalker formula and improve it Discmania is going to have one helluva disc on their hands.
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 pm

well xout already says it had good glide and flies good on low lines so it sounds like its a better stalker. however, i think a better comparison would be qjls
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 pm

a slightly longer, slightly less stable JLS would rule.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby MizzouTiger26 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:a slightly longer, slightly less stable JLS would rule.

What does a JLS fly like? Never thrown one.
PD~PD2~Quasar~Stalker~11xBanshee~Fuse~Axis~Gator~P2
MizzouTiger26
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby juju » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Leopard-L would be awesome.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

juju wrote:Leopard-L would be awesome.

River?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Anyone peeked the artwork yet? I'm hoping we get some kind gnarly zombie dog with rabies. So mean looking that no one will even want to pick it up.
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:47 pm

So I got my testers today, and played some glow with it. I was playing on a course that I don't really play that much where I only had 3/4 shots that I'd really use it on, but here's some of my impressions.

* It's got an L bottom for sure. I would say it's a Leopard bottom, but the FD feels more meaty in the hand. That may be because all of the Leopards I have are 150 class Champion.
* If you turn it over, it's going right.
* Thrown flat, it's got a tiny amount of tracking to the right with a tiny amount of fade. I threw it mainly on some low shots around 300'.

I'll try to get in some more throwing over the Thanksgiving holiday and let you know what I think. I'll be sending out some of these to other community members to review on Saturday morning when I get back.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment