Vortex Basket by Arroyo Disc Sports

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Vortex Basket by Arroyo Disc Sports

Postby ATL Scott » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:53 pm

I was working on that order with Arroyo. They basically stopped responding to my emails and never gave me a fixed price for our order. I'll contact them again and see where it goes.
If you watch fight club backward you see a psychologically troubled man become a successful and productive member of society.
ATL Scott
Noob

Favorite Disc: ching rocs

Postby JHern » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

I think these guys are having a hard time getting their operation up and running to fill orders. I hope they can fight through all the hassles and get it done. We really need innovative new companies like Arroyo.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby ATL Scott » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 pm

I agree JH. Their product seems awesome. Everything else about them seems lacking thus far.
If you watch fight club backward you see a psychologically troubled man become a successful and productive member of society.
ATL Scott
Noob

Favorite Disc: ching rocs

Postby JHern » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:56 am

ATL Scott wrote:I agree JH. Their product seems awesome. Everything else about them seems lacking thus far.

Agreed, though I'm sympathetic. I think these guys are starting out with very little infrastructure, and figuring it out as they go. They're probably working on a shoestring budget, don't have money to pay help, and just need to power themselves out of the hole they're in and they'll soon be up and running. Once they ship a few hundred baskets, they should be able to re-configure their operation to become more efficient and produce more baskets with less effort, and fill orders in a timely manner.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
JHern

Postby turso » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:38 pm

That kind of strategy requires a lot of trust and patience from the clientele, which might be tough to ask for. I do wish they break through majorly and all the baskets in the world will be replaced with vortices.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby JimW » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 pm

It's the Grip Equipment of basket design! Though hopefully without the shoddy manufacturing in the initial run.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby Marauder » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:21 am

JimW wrote:It's the Grip Equipment of basket design! Though hopefully without the shoddy manufacturing in the initial run.

Exactly what I was thinking. lol.

These look like great baskets! I remember when the buzz was around the Spider baskets. I wonder how these compare.
Marauder
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Amp

Postby Kyle@ArroyoDS » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey guys,
My name is Kyle Hughes Co-Founder of Arroyo Disc Sports and one of the designers of the Vortex Basket (on the left side of the basket in the photo). Over the past couple months we have been doing a couple design tweaks and quality control tests in order to ensure the best possible product. It has taken longer than we had originally anticipated but I would just like to thank everyone for being patient with us through this process. We are a young company with big plans to grow the sport for the future and are eager for everyone to try out the new basket. 2012 will be a big year for us so please keep an eye out and spread the word about Arroyo Disc Sports.

Please check out our website www.arroyodiscsports.com for more information about the Vortex.

For more current updates Like our Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arroyo-Di ... 0968276400

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at Kyle@arroyodiscsports.com

Kyle Hughes
Co-Founder
Arroyo Disc Sports
Kyle@ArroyoDS
Noob

Favorite Disc: Destroyer

Postby carlitocal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 pm

I recently talked with I believe Kyle and Kevin at a recent tournament in the Phoenix area and was lucky enough to putt for a long while on their basket while chatting with them. They not only were very nice and knowledgeable individuals but the basket spoke for itself. I honestly witnessed a noticeable difference in how the disc hits the chains and just dies and falls into the basket. I was thoroughly impressed and hope that they continue to make headway and take over with their innovative design.
carlitocal
Noob

Favorite Disc: pd

Postby Kyle@ArroyoDS » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

carlitocal wrote:I recently talked with I believe Kyle and Kevin at a recent tournament in the Phoenix area and was lucky enough to putt for a long while on their basket while chatting with them. They not only were very nice and knowledgeable individuals but the basket spoke for itself. I honestly witnessed a noticeable difference in how the disc hits the chains and just dies and falls into the basket. I was thoroughly impressed and hope that they continue to make headway and take over with their innovative design.

That was Logan and Kevin you talked to, unfortunately I had to work that weekend and couldn't make the trip to AZ. I'm glad to hear you liked the basket, please spread the word.
Kyle@ArroyoDS
Noob

Favorite Disc: Destroyer

Postby JHern » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Kyle@ArroyoDS wrote:...we have been doing a couple design tweaks and quality control tests in order to ensure the best possible product...

Good to hear. Just out of curiosity, what was the weakest link in your initial design that required more revision? I personally always wondered how well the links that hold the diamond weave together on the inner assembly would do over a lot of time and use. Also, the lighter metal presents an interesting balance between performance, durability, corrosivity, etc., and you have to balance these issues.

Anyways, I'm 110% behind this innovative design. Good to see you're going to come out swinging in 2012.
Japan bag...
JHern

Postby Star Shark » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:26 am

I know the PDGA changed a spec requirement on them. In accordance with the No Wedgie rule that started last year, they wanted the grid spacing on the tray to be tighter to make wedgies much less likely to begin with. So ADS had to change that to get approved for Championship Level Play.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Previous

Return to Equipment