What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Postby zj1002 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:04 pm

indestructible lid

yes please

pretty much any type of superclass wide diameter overmold from MVP would be choice
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Leopard » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:10 pm

it would ruin SuperClass 8)
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby sunspot » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I've never thought about a lid. That would be pretty cool.

Frank Delicious wrote:I'd like to see a cyclone/gazelle style disc.

Something like those would be good.

Another mold that would be good to imitate that doesn't have a whole lot of competition for what it does is the Timberwolf. A broke in EX with an overmold would be line-shaping delicious, frank intended.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby keltik » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Leopard wrote:it would ruin SuperClass 8)

you got CK in your sights or something?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Leopard » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Not at all. I'm saying it would achieve aerial sickness.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby money 21 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 pm

something TL ish would be cool, or an over molded thumber disc.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby zj1002 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Leopard wrote:Not at all. I'm saying it would achieve aerial sickness.

smiley faces are so hard to read on forums
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jtbingster2 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:24 pm

I'd say an OS fairway. I don't want anything that would overlap with my Leos (maybe soon FDs). :/
jtbingster2
Noob

Postby kern9787 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:19 pm

keltik wrote:
kern9787 wrote:On a serious note, gazelle=ish disc would be awesome (more HSS from the overmold. schweeet!!!). And I'd definitely pick up an mvp lid.

The best part about the Gazelle/Cyclone is the lack of true HSS and their ability to shape lines IMHO.

I've always thought of Gazelle/Cyclone as more along the lines of the teebird/eagle comparison, with the Gazelle being the straighter, line holding driver (teebird) and the cyclone being the driver with more turn, and more fade (eagle). I love my gazelle's as they are now, but something slightly more HSS without being faster would be amazing.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby himynameismatt » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Would rather see a Destroyer type driver as opposed to a fairway. So many great not just good great fairways out there. However I'd be interested to see what Technology they can apply to a faster disc.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Mike C » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:56 pm

I've already talked about this some with the company but here are my ideas. I'm really excited for their drivers in general.

-Teebird style driver. Basically I want a speed 7 Ion. Something with true 0 for high speed stability so it won't turn, but not too strong of a fade, and overmold glidey goodness. This is what I'm hoping is their next mold is.
-Predator style driver. Speed 8 or 9 Vector.
-Workhorse driver. 1.1 OLF with overmold technology. Something around speed 9 with a small amount of workable high speed turn and a consistent, reliable fade. Faster broken in Eagle X.
-Distance driver. Speed 13 Ion. Something you can crank flat and know it will just go dead straight and cruise further than anything else you've thrown.
-Understable mid. They don't have anything in their line-up right now that has high speed turn when new, and a mid-range in the same speed class as the Vector and Axis could cover a lot of ground if it remains controllable at high speeds. Understable enough so that a mid line-up of Vector | Axis | US Mid isn't redundant, but not so flippy it feels unpredictable.

Basically just make better versions of everything non-mvp in my bag ;) So far everything they've put out has impressed me enough to bag it and use it constantly. I'm interested to see how an understable molds gels with the overmold technology. Will it make it want to go more straight than turn? Will it help to keep it a slow, predictable turn? It'll be interesting to see.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby Flipflat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Mike C wrote:I've already talked about this some with the company but here are my ideas. I'm really excited for their drivers in general.

-Teebird style driver. Basically I want a speed 7 Ion. Something with true 0 for high speed stability so it won't turn, but not too strong of a fade, and overmold glidey goodness. This is what I'm hoping is their next mold is.

I'm hoping for this too.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby sunspot » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Mike C wrote:I've already talked about this some with the company but here are my ideas. I'm really excited for their drivers in general.

-Predator style driver. Speed 8 or 9 Vector.
-Workhorse driver. 1.1 OLF with overmold technology. Something around speed 9 with a small amount of workable high speed turn and a consistent, reliable fade. Faster broken in Eagle X.
-Distance driver. Speed 13 Ion. Something you can crank flat and know it will just go dead straight and cruise further than anything else you've thrown.
-Understable mid. They don't have anything in their line-up right now that has high speed turn when new, and a mid-range in the same speed class as the Vector and Axis could cover a lot of ground if it remains controllable at high speeds. Understable enough so that a mid line-up of Vector | Axis | US Mid isn't redundant, but not so flippy it feels unpredictable.

TB would be good as well as 1.1 OLF. I think the key is getting them to fly like base plastic while being made in premium.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Mike C » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 pm

I think with the Axis they showed you can have a straight and reliable disc that doesn't fade out too hard in their plastic.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby discspeed » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:35 pm

I want everything Mike mentioned, as well as a couple of things unmentioned...I've been throwing some old 2nd run softs and they are really great...straight to understable in a way that will take years for the new Ions to achieve. So MVP needs a slightly understable putter to go with the slightly overstable Ion.

I'd also like to see some more mids. Something more Buzzz-like, faster and less stable than the Vector, but more power oriented than the Axis. I'm also curious to try some small diameter mids from MVP...I've always liked how small mids flew, but they suffer from lack of glide. I think some gyro could remedy this...I'd be interested in a stretched out Ion-like profile (convex wing/small bead) in a small diameter mid.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment