What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Postby Mike C » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:29 pm

My 180 orange Axis with slight dome is definitely a power disc, and I've heard pink are fairly OS too.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby JR » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 am

discspeed wrote:I want everything Mike mentioned, as well as a couple of things unmentioned...I've been throwing some old 2nd run softs and they are really great...straight to understable in a way that will take years for the new Ions to achieve. So MVP needs a slightly understable putter to go with the slightly overstable Ion.

I'd also like to see some more mids. Something more Buzzz-like, faster and less stable than the Vector, but more power oriented than the Axis. I'm also curious to try some small diameter mids from MVP...I've always liked how small mids flew, but they suffer from lack of glide. I think some gyro could remedy this...I'd be interested in a stretched out Ion-like profile (convex wing/small bead) in a small diameter mid.

Kite and Skeeter?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discspeed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 am

JR wrote:
discspeed wrote:I want everything Mike mentioned, as well as a couple of things unmentioned...I've been throwing some old 2nd run softs and they are really great...straight to understable in a way that will take years for the new Ions to achieve. So MVP needs a slightly understable putter to go with the slightly overstable Ion.

I'd also like to see some more mids. Something more Buzzz-like, faster and less stable than the Vector, but more power oriented than the Axis. I'm also curious to try some small diameter mids from MVP...I've always liked how small mids flew, but they suffer from lack of glide. I think some gyro could remedy this...I'd be interested in a stretched out Ion-like profile (convex wing/small bead) in a small diameter mid.

Kite and Skeeter?

Kite and Skeeter do glide, but they are too fast (especially in their turning movement) for a proper workhorse mid. This makes them poor in the wind and too finesse oriented. I want it like an Ion...I can put more power behind an Ion than any other disc without getting any flip, so I'd like this mid to be able to take that as well.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby JR » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:39 am

discspeed wrote:
JR wrote:

Kite and Skeeter?

Kite and Skeeter do glide, but they are too fast (especially in their turning movement) for a proper workhorse mid. This makes them poor in the wind and too finesse oriented. I want it like an Ion...I can put more power behind an Ion than any other disc without getting any flip, so I'd like this mid to be able to take that as well.

No argument from me and the crazy good glide also makes them very prone to popping up high at pulled power too and sky high on full power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby new013 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am

#1 - understable putter.. beadless Ion perhaps?
#2 - Tbird like driver - basically what Mike was saying.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 am

new013 wrote:#1 - understable putter.. beadless Ion perhaps?

This.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Mike C » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Beadless Ion would be interesting. Something a little more understable than the real earlier Ions?
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby Hoey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
new013 wrote:#1 - understable putter.. beadless Ion perhaps?

This.

I agree with the sentiments of these statements.

And some kind of comet/fuse.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby BrotherDave » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:23 pm

One more for the beadless Ion. Those old Softs that Discspeed mentioned are super fun to throw, I'd like to see something a little flippier than that, in lighter weights. If that's a lid version of the Ion, I'd be fine with that.

Understable Axis would be next, and then I think a Gazelle/Cyclone type driver would bomb with sick control.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby JHern » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:42 am

I think the over-mold might make it more difficult for them to generalize to any shape they want, but if there's a will, there's a way. Also, with a driver, they will have a crease in the surface between the two pieces, which itself has aerodynamical consequences (interfering with/forcing boundary layer separation, etc.).

It is difficult to aim to produce a disc that flies like something that hasn't already been produced, even in the wide wing category. What they should do is produce a solid utility disc (Gazelle/Cyclone), and make it ultra-consistent in production...something that every other manufacturer has failed to do thus far. They would earn loyal customers for years if they could pull that off.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:02 am

BrotherDave wrote:One more for the beadless Ion. Those old Softs that Discspeed mentioned are super fun to throw, I'd like to see something a little flippier than that, in lighter weights. If that's a lid version of the Ion, I'd be fine with that.

Understable Axis would be next, and then I think a Gazelle/Cyclone type driver would bomb with sick control.

For me Axis flies beautifully on annies so i fail to see a point making another mid, that flies more understable.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 am

JR wrote:For me Axis flies beautifully on annies so i fail to see a point making another mid, that flies more understable.
Even though I never had a problem annying my MD2's, after a while I did feel a distinct need for something truly understable. One specific situation where I would have liked an understable mid was a mostly straight tunnel shot that finishes to the right, anhyzers tend to fly on a constant curve too much. Well, D-MD2 solved that.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Apothecary » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:30 am

the axis is not an anny disc. it doesnt have much high-speed turn and it fights out of an anny angle more than an anny mid should. if the axis is a good anny disc, so is the buzzz. if youre throwing either on anny lines, youre most likely a noob.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Timko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 am

I've seen Eric McCabe throw numerous anhyzers with a Buzz. I think because he's a noob.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby zj1002 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

The Axis was pretty much only an anhyzer/turnover disc for me. The md2 was much more stable
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment