What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Postby CatPredator » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 am

Shit, what wouldn't I like to see from MVP? The new technology is exciting. I'm curious to see how far they can push the limits of the overmold technology so I'm going with a headwind power driver like PD2 or Xcal except better. Something that will defeat mother nature with it's unearthly gyro power.

Realistically, an understable putter. Ions just don't beat in fast enough so I haven't been able to get rid of 2 of the Aviars in my bag yet. I'd probably try anything that came out though.
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:31 am

Funny, my Axes hold a terrific low power anhyzer, they definitely don't fight out of it too soon. And I don't want an anhyzer disc to turn. =/
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 am

I want a putter that does what the Axis does for midrange. The Ion is more like the new Vector in my mind, give me an Axis putter plzthx.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby veganray » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 am

Overmolded mini. Glow, please.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby rooneytunes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not nearly as interested in seeing new molds as I am in seeing some lighter weight Axes and Ions, but a neutral to slightly US putter would be $$. I just want Axes in my preferred weight range first.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby JR » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 am

Apothecary wrote:the axis is not an anny disc. it doesnt have much high-speed turn and it fights out of an anny angle more than an anny mid should. if the axis is a good anny disc, so is the buzzz. if youre throwing either on anny lines, youre most likely a noob.

I do throw one local hole uphill anny with a z Buzzz. So did McCabe, but you can take him any time can't you? Two holes later Eric used the same Buzzz annied on a drive to about 460-480' :shock: Yello!? I'd like to be a noob like that too. Please tell me how to?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Timko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 am

Jeronimo wrote:I want a putter that does what the Axis does for midrange. The Ion is more like the new Vector in my mind, give me an Axis putter plzthx.

This. It's the only reason why I have a best Wizard still in my bag.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Timko wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:I want a putter that does what the Axis does for midrange. The Ion is more like the new Vector in my mind, give me an Axis putter plzthx.

This. It's the only reason why I have a best Wizard still in my bag.

I had this conversation with Chad prior to this thread popping up. I basically told him to go out and buy a Grip Line Pure, reinvent it with his Gyro technology and make it better. He told me it's "on his radar" but that they have other projects to work on first. In response to that I tried to point out the demand for a premium putter of that style but I'm not sure the message got across. Maybe this thread will help 8)
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby what'shisname » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Apothecary wrote:the axis is not an anny disc. it doesnt have much high-speed turn and it fights out of an anny angle more than an anny mid should. if the axis is a good anny disc, so is the buzzz. if youre throwing either on anny lines, youre most likely a noob.

lol

what if your line dictate you throw something that comes out at the end? i can think of several lines that I'd want someting to flex back out afterannying around an object. Hell, I like to throw anny lines with my zone from time to time. Noooob for lyfe!
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Re: What new disc would you like to see from MVP?

Postby kern9787 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 pm

jubuttib wrote:Funny, my Axes hold a terrific low power anhyzer, they definitely don't fight out of it too soon. And I don't want an anhyzer disc to turn. =/

This. In fact, I have trouble with axes holding their anny lines too long and not coming out at all.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mike C » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59 pm

I find my flat, green Axis does a tunnel shot with a right finish just fine, but I still think there's room for a flippier mold. I've found it to hold an anny well, but the main thing I use it for is dead straight shots.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby kern9787 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Mike C wrote:I find my flat, green Axis does a tunnel shot with a right finish just fine, but I still think there's room for a flippier mold. I've found it to hold an anny well, but the main thing I use it for is dead straight shots.

Definitely room for a flippier mold, perhaps fuse-like (hint hint). I'd never throw a fuse on an anny though, unless I wanted it to roll or I wanted to stall it out.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Something I noticed today while dickin around in the freezing cold with my Ions: Proton plastic is my favorite premium plastic. Ever.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby discspeed » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:46 pm

This exactly. :idea:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 pm

...that isn't a lid. (deep rimmed shit)
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment