Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discaft Titanium?

Postby jtbingster2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 pm

If you continue reading in the thread, it is stated that Legacy has already made it clear their discs are made by an outside company. So that rumor is retarded.
jtbingster2
Noob

Postby Leopard » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:33 pm

it was retarded without any followup. just a dumb, dumb, dumb theory.

Discraft: "We have plastics, we have molds, we have a molding facility. Let's.... ship this shit to California to see what it do!"
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Pwingles » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Lol i read that on dgcr alao and lol'd. On no level does that make sense, lets hope it was an ultra elaborate attempt to troll everyone
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby JHern » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:58 pm

I'll wager that this titanium plastic will not be very different than the Goldline that Lat64 has already been turning out...

Still, I will likely buy a Titanium Buzzz, just because I'm a Buzzz lover. I'd love to see what they could do with the Cyclone, too.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby keltik » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:23 pm

somehow I don't see it making it into the Cyclone mold. I wouldn't mind seeing that. a Titanium Challenger would be interesting for driving though.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby BLURR » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 am

Would love to see a Titanium Comet...but don't see that happening anytime soon. A Titanium Nuke would be ok I guess :lol:
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Pironix » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:52 pm

McCabe is posting on facebook that this plastic will be released at The Memorial...
Pironix
Noob

Postby money 21 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm

i would like to see a ti surge and xs. the surge is a maybe in my mind but the xs will be when hell freezes over i am affraid.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 am

I think speculation is a bit far reaching about which discs would benefit or suffer from the TI treatment because nobody has even fondled the plastic. When some discs of the same general description like wide rimmed drivers behave exactly the opposite with dome height variations between individual discs it is pretty inaccurate to state any claims when one has no data on how TI changes dome and PLH on any mold. Who knows how the TI plastic behaves in different types of discs? It may be great or suck in each mold or be one or the other in some molds and something else in others. A bit too unpredictable if you ask me. My dos centavos.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mark Ellis » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:54 am

JR wrote:I think speculation is a bit far reaching about which discs would benefit or suffer from the TI treatment because nobody has even fondled the plastic. When some discs of the same general description like wide rimmed drivers behave exactly the opposite with dome height variations between individual discs it is pretty inaccurate to state any claims when one has no data on how TI changes dome and PLH on any mold. Who knows how the TI plastic behaves in different types of discs? It may be great or suck in each mold or be one or the other in some molds and something else in others. A bit too unpredictable if you ask me. My dos centavos.

Nobody has fondled it? That may be overstating it a bit.

As to speculation, don't internet discussion boards thrive on speculation? Wild speculation is the mother's milk of the uninformed.

For any mold which fits well in your hand or for which you have had success with in any plastic, a new plastic formula or blend is exciting. The shape of the mold controls the basic flight characteristics of a disc. The plastic which gets pumped into a mold, in all its possible variations, controls the relatively small details which matter so much to us.

Say, for pure speculative example (after all how would I know?) that one of the molds coming out in Titanium is a Nuke, which I love. Whatever it does is likely to be useful to me. Variations of a beloved theme may well be beloved as well. How it will break in cannot be known by anyone until it happens. I am looking forward to testing them. I already carry at least 6 Nukes. I can probably find a way to fit in another if I like it. More if I love it.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby JR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:
JR wrote:I think speculation is a bit far reaching about which discs would benefit or suffer from the TI treatment because nobody has even fondled the plastic. When some discs of the same general description like wide rimmed drivers behave exactly the opposite with dome height variations between individual discs it is pretty inaccurate to state any claims when one has no data on how TI changes dome and PLH on any mold. Who knows how the TI plastic behaves in different types of discs? It may be great or suck in each mold or be one or the other in some molds and something else in others. A bit too unpredictable if you ask me. My dos centavos.

Nobody has fondled it? That may be overstating it a bit.

As to speculation, don't internet discussion boards thrive on speculation? Wild speculation is the mother's milk of the uninformed.

For any mold which fits well in your hand or for which you have had success with in any plastic, a new plastic formula or blend is exciting. The shape of the mold controls the basic flight characteristics of a disc. The plastic which gets pumped into a mold, in all its possible variations, controls the relatively small details which matter so much to us.

Say, for pure speculative example (after all how would I know?) that one of the molds coming out in Titanium is a Nuke, which I love. Whatever it does is likely to be useful to me. Variations of a beloved theme may well be beloved as well. How it will break in cannot be known by anyone until it happens. I am looking forward to testing them. I already carry at least 6 Nukes. I can probably find a way to fit in another if I like it. More if I love it.

Nukes and Z Buzzzes are staples in my bag and i sure am intrested in seeing what TI will do to them. Nate Doss doesn't post here so for us non team members not getting them to fondle or throw is a bit of an issue. DGCR is speculation site more than DGR where some try to be informed. This site was created to gain and spread information about how discs behave after all.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Okay let's be real. We all "know" that the first disc out in this plastic will be the Nuke, Buzzz and Stalker. Stalker is slightly less likely than the Buzzz & Nuke. DC's new deluxe beginner pack now includes a Nuke (Nuke, A-SS, Buzzz, Focus + Bag). We may even see a Titanium A-SS very soon.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Booter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 pm

stalker is a definite as well as something for emac and doss. the discs released in titanium first will be discs to commemorate each worlds winnings from emac,paige and nate.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Doss has got the Titanium Force coming.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby turso » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 pm

I'd probably get my first predator if it comes out in Ti. Would probably have to buy a buzzz too.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment