Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

Postby Booter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:46 pm

if theyre not as stable or not more stable than heavy glo buzzzs,ill pass
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby TLapham » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 am

Booter wrote:if theyre not as stable or not more stable than heavy glo buzzzs,ill pass

True. I'll probably still get 1 because I'm an addict, but I'm really hoping for them to be nice and stable.
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby juju » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:37 am

Booter wrote:if theyre not as stable or not more stable than heavy glo buzzzs,ill pass

Booter pass on discs?!? :roll: :lol:
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:42 am

Every glo buzzz I have tried hasn't flew any differently than any regular z buzzz I have thrown. Am I just getting weird ones or am I missing something? My beefiest buzzz has a little shoulder on it.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:41 am

I have two Glo Z Buzzzes that are more OS than the good Zs that are more OS than the worse more domey ones. I'll at least fondle a Ti Buzzz and Stalker for grip tackyness. If the flight is that of a Z and there is a better grip and good enough durability i'm happy to buy.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm

GGGT has them listed at $17.95. If that is going to be the going rate, I will stick with my z's since I can replace one of those for $12.95.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Timko » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 am

Mark Ellis wrote:Last night I tested the Ti Nukes, Forces and Stalkers which my sponsor was kind enough to send me. The most notable difference from Z plastic is that the Nukes are very overstable. Not nearly as overstable as an OS but more overstable than Z Nukes, which I view as excellent.

Do the Nukes still have good glide though?
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Mark Ellis » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Timko wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:Last night I tested the Ti Nukes, Forces and Stalkers which my sponsor was kind enough to send me. The most notable difference from Z plastic is that the Nukes are very overstable. Not nearly as overstable as an OS but more overstable than Z Nukes, which I view as excellent.

Do the Nukes still have good glide though?

Yes. It is still a Nuke. It is just a Nuke a notch up in stability. So it will fight wind better and handle the power of the big arm throwers better.

The general rule remains the same: Starting from a disc which is purely stable (flies flat and straight when thrown flat and straight) the more overstable a disc is relative to the strength of the thrower, the less glide it will have, no matter what the disc is. A more overstable disc is more predictable at the expense of potential distance. The rule breaks down when a disc gets too flippy to control, then greater understability only gives you a paper plate.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby JHern » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 am

Mark Ellis wrote:The general rule remains the same: Starting from a disc which is purely stable (flies flat and straight when thrown flat and straight) the more overstable a disc is relative to the strength of the thrower, the less glide it will have, no matter what the disc is.

Well said. There is a good physical reason for this, which is that a disc which flies dead straight is being lifted by the air right through its center, so all that lift power goes into lifting the disc up and maintaining altitude. A disc that is over-stable is lifted off-center toward the nose, and that lift power is partitioned between actually lifting the disc and torquing it (lifting the nose relative to the tail), so the ability to maintain altitude must decrease. The same is true for an under-stable disc, however, these can be thrown so that the disc turns over higher in the air, and when it slows down enough to fly straight it has more initial altitude than the thrower (so it is like throwing downhill).

TLapham wrote:

True. I'll probably still get 1 because I'm an addict, but I'm really hoping for them to be nice and stable.

The Z Buzzzes with the flattest tops are the most stable (at least for me). I've found that the Glo Z Buzzz can actually be a tad over-stable. I'm betting that the Ti-Buzzz is going to be very stable, so probably more like the Z Buzzz than the Glo Z Buzzz. I'm also hearing very similar rumors through the grapevine. That is why I absolutely MUST get my hands on one. 8) Although my disc budget is highly depleted this month. :cry:
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby donnyv » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 pm

I heard that the ti force is less stable than the z force but that is only what I heard. Anyone here throw them yet to confirm?
donnyv
Noob

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JHern » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:22 pm

donnyv wrote:I heard that the ti force is less stable than the z force but that is only what I heard. Anyone here throw them yet to confirm?

Doss was saying the opposite...that the Ti Force is straighter than the Z Force (he uses the Force a great deal).

I think the more interesting question about Ti plastic is how it breaks in with time and use. Unfortunately, we'll be waiting a while for a robust answer....and of course, the longer we wait, the more we'll know.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
JHern

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:31 pm

isn't less stable = more straighter or do you mean something else?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby BLURR » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:54 pm

I had a chance to check out the Ti Force and Buzzz this past weekend. The Force was definitely less stable than a normal Z or ESP. But, the nose seems a touch sharper in shape than a normal Z or ESP. Seemed very fast. The Buzzz, seemeed to be similar to a good stable glo z or 2nd FR. Pretty stable for a buzzz.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:isn't less stable = more straighter or do you mean something else?
In JHern talk (i.e. scientific) straight would mean neutral would mean as stable as it gets.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JHern » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:15 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:isn't less stable = more straighter or do you mean something else?
In JHern talk (i.e. scientific) straight would mean neutral would mean as stable as it gets.

Um, I think stablest=straightest is universally accepted. Think about the word "stable" for a second.
Japan bag...
JHern

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment