Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Postby Jaysus » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 pm

that Katana is sooooo foxy...
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby swel304 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Booter wrote:blizzard productions are out.

dtworld has them
life disc sports
and a few others

courtesy of bongy

Sure looks like no bubbles in the flight plate so I guess bubbles in the plate = blem. Interested to hear about these. Really enjoying the katana and the wraith (before I lost it).

Edit: well maybe not. The orange definitely has bubbles. Others seem to not. Off to find better pictures.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Picked up a 148 Katana. The bubbles were mostly in the flight plate. I passed on the ones with no bubbles in the plate, thinking that perhaps the increased amount of bubbles in the rim would lead to less gyroscopic force...but really the bubbles in the plate just look cooler.

Excited to see how this flies! I'll probably grab a Wraith next.

I'm curious to see if the ones with more air in the rim are much different in flight and durability than ones with more air in the plate...anyone know?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby superdrive » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Jussi Meresmaa wrote at DM's FB page that he could not flip a 155g Destroyer and his best golf drives were 150-160m :o
superdrive
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby roman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:45 pm

I believe it. The 154g Blizzard Destroyer I tried throwing a few weeks ago was definitely more HSS than my new 175g Echo Star poppy top Destroyer. Flew awesome.
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Booter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 pm

ive already read that some marked in the 150s actually way in the 160s
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby roman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:15 pm

I read that too, but that was for discs that didn't seem to have any bubbles showing. This one had the entire flight plate and rim covered in tiny bubbles. Also my 150g blizzard Destroyer scales in exactly at 150. Also tons of bubbles in the flight plate.
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Hoey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:34 pm

sweet jesus, these are a gamechanger.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby JR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Having thrown ultralights and all weight ranges for years i already knew that light discs do change the game once durable fast discs come out. Because non durable ones did it already. And now they are financially and ecologically viable. It changes how holes are tackled. I fear that many courses will suffer from reducing golf type course management and turn more to distance driver mash then the putt deuce fest. Or at least having 12+ birdie puttable par 3s. With no other thinking part as to which gap to aim for and then smash a 100 % shot to beyond control distances for the birdie putt because the long arms will get there with control and are more often than not in good percentage putting range. OTOH more athletic requirement may be a good thing too. I wouldn't say it differentiates us from golfers any more because top golfers are becoming increasingly more athletic too.
Last edited by JR on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:48 pm

I should have some video this next week of me throwing blizzard stuff.

filmed some today but the light dropped too fast to get a good view of the flight.

the destroyers definitely smash. They were going over 500ft for me
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

also in terms of stability they ranked like this(most to least): Destroyer, Boss, Wraith, Katana. The wraith and katana have about the same stability. I put the Boss in the start of the Disc Nation parking lot from about 525-550ft out.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby JR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

It's surprising that the Destro is more OS than the Boss. It's been said that the Destro is more OS than regular heavies but how close is the HSS and LSS of the blizzard light Boss vs a regular heavy?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Hoey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:59 pm

zj1002 wrote:also in terms of stability they ranked like this(most to least): Destroyer, Boss, Wraith, Katana. The wraith and katana have about the same stability. I put the Boss in the start of the Disc Nation parking lot from about 525-550ft out.

*whistles long and slow*

that's no joke right there.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby zj1002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:02 pm

the stability of the boss and destroyer were very close.

I was only throwing 1 of each and didn't have multiple weights of each disc with which to compare.

I was also throwing the super domey ones with bubbles in the flight plate. The stock stamps had blizzards of all types. Some with bubbles only in rim, some with bubbles everywhere, some with large bubbles, some with lots of micro bubbles, and even a large amount of Katanas that had NO bubbles.

The flat ones generally only had bubbles in the rim. This process still seems to be under development. We definitely got discs of each model with different sizes and quantities of bubbles. kind of a shame there wont be any sense of uniformity with these discs.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby MizzouTiger26 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:29 pm

zj1002 wrote:the stability of the boss and destroyer were very close.

I was only throwing 1 of each and didn't have multiple weights of each disc with which to compare.

I was also throwing the super domey ones with bubbles in the flight plate. The stock stamps had blizzards of all types. Some with bubbles only in rim, some with bubbles everywhere, some with large bubbles, some with lots of micro bubbles, and even a large amount of Katanas that had NO bubbles.

The flat ones generally only had bubbles in the rim. This process still seems to be under development. We definitely got discs of each model with different sizes and quantities of bubbles. kind of a shame there wont be any sense of uniformity with these discs.

What weights were you tossing?
PD~PD2~Quasar~Stalker~11xBanshee~Fuse~Axis~Gator~P2
MizzouTiger26
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Fuse

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment