Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Postby discspeed » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:13 pm

turso wrote:These things are starting to sound like the shit to have in your bag for max distance. Gotta get to choose couple good destros at some point.

The Destroyer I have sucks compared to the Bosses...At least as pure max D is concerned.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:37 pm

The sub 140 bosses are really the best pure max D ones of the lot.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby turso » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Hmm, gotta get a boss then. Are the destros too LSS or what seems to be the deal with them? I wonder if you could beat that out of them as it works with max weights.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby discspeed » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:The sub 140 bosses are really the best pure max D ones of the lot.

Seeing all the variation I really think it's disc to disc...I have a 138 Boss, but it's too overstable for max D. Compared to my 156 Boss the parting line is at least a few mm higher.
discspeed

Postby discspeed » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:07 pm

turso wrote:Hmm, gotta get a boss then. Are the destros too LSS or what seems to be the deal with them? I wonder if you could beat that out of them as it works with max weights.

They just seem a lot slower. My 138 Boss is about the same stability as the Destroyer and flies on similar lines, but it is always 20' longer. My 156 Boss is longer than either.
discspeed

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:11 pm

discspeed wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:The sub 140 bosses are really the best pure max D ones of the lot.

Seeing all the variation I really think it's disc to disc...I have a 138 Boss, but it's too overstable for max D. Compared to my 156 Boss the parting line is at least a few mm higher.

You're probably right. I got to throw a decent amount of these this weekend from other people who picked them up from the tourney (so they were all from the same batch) and all the sub 140 bosses were the biggest bombers, the 150 bosses and destroyers were all too LSS for pure max D.

Also the katanas and wraiths sucked.
Frank Delicious

Postby jubuttib » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Welp, getting a sub 140 Boss, so could go either way.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
discspeed wrote:

You're probably right. I got to throw a decent amount of these this weekend from other people who picked them up from the tourney (so they were all from the same batch) and all the sub 140 bosses were the biggest bombers, the 150 bosses and destroyers were all too LSS for pure max D.

The Boss I got (kind of Merlot colored) had the lowest PLH of any of the Blizzard or F2 Bosses we had. The owner of CDGS also said he tested a bunch and there were awesome ones and lemons in each mold. My 138 Boss bombs if I release it with a decent amount of anhyzer...It's easier to keep it over than the 154 Destroyer, but the Merlot one is still best because it actually has some high speed turn.
discspeed

Postby zj1002 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:52 pm

154-155 destrouyers and bosses were identical for me. both in the 500-550ft range(when I connected, what you think that shits on command?)

when I hit it right these had enough stability to hook up. If I hyzer flipped the lights over they didn't come back in time to get more distance
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby discspeed » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 pm

zj1002 wrote: If I hyzer flipped the lights over they didn't come back in time to get more distance

Did you try throwing them ridiculously high? If not, please do and let me know what happens. My longest throw lifted higher than I ever usually try and throw.
discspeed

Postby new013 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 pm

without me reading this entire thing, what are you guys finding in terms of bubble ratio between the flight plate and rim for best performance? from what i've seen so far the ones with no bubbles in the rim are more stable which makes sense but i was wondering if anyone has any input on the best ratio for them and what distance range you're hitting with it.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Threw a guys 150 boss yesterday and it turned more than the two 135 destroyers I'd previously tried. I liked the destroyer's HSS more for my flicking.

Anyone nail a tree with one yet? I recall the rims having a little give to them and could see dings changing it's shape.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 pm

yeah I've smashed some trees and a metal wire they use to anchor telephone poles and haven't had any major issues with warpage yet.
Frank Delicious

Postby discspeed » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:20 pm

new013 wrote:without me reading this entire thing, what are you guys finding in terms of bubble ratio between the flight plate and rim for best performance? from what i've seen so far the ones with no bubbles in the rim are more stable which makes sense but i was wondering if anyone has any input on the best ratio for them and what distance range you're hitting with it.

As I posted previously I think flight plate bubbles are the best because that's the best place to lose weight. The closer to the Aerobie ring it is(no flighplate at all), the farther it's going to fly.
discspeed

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
discspeed wrote:

I was thinking of trying one of the Wraiths out. How did it suck? (let the off-color jokes begin)
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment