Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

Postby zj1002 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 am

jubuttib wrote:
zj1002 wrote:it is a process

at work we have seen every type of bubble ratio/location in the blizzard discs. even some that have NO bubbles(156-159 katanas).

Dave D has commented that it is an evolving process with the end goal to have bubbles only in the rim

I don't really care where the bubbles are located and I doubt Innova does either. These are selling faster than any disc Innova has released in the last 2 years
Probably still not as fast as the Champ Gators. =)

fasting selling stock stamp

the gators had the hype of a nerd community and were built up by said community. folks are coming into the store not knowing about the blizzard and buying 2-3. that doesn't happen with other new discs/plastics
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby kern9787 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 am

I won't be happy until they start applying the blizzard tech to dx plastic and I can buy a 50g blizzard dx mamba. Of course, I'll probably have to season it a bit before I can throw it effectively.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discspeed » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 pm

I saw some guys from Germany (I think) at our course today. Communication was limited and about all he said to me was "Blizzard?" after I ripped a couple of shots. I said yes and he smiled and nodded and said he just got 3. These discs are getting huge buzz and flying off our shelves as well.

Personally I like the bubbles in the flight plate and I hope they stay there. BTW, my Blizzard Boss floated on the lake for an hour today before it finally blew to the side. It sank when I turned it sideways at the edge of the shore, but these things float way better if upright than full weight discs.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby jubuttib » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:19 pm

My Destroyer (yellow 137 with no bubbles on the flight plate) and Boss (fantastic looking pink 139 with bubbles everywhere) arrived today, and look and feel pretty darn nice. Not hugely domey, but enough and both feel nice and gummy.

The Destroyer is lower PLH than my stable/overstable AJ, a teeny tiny bit lower than my stable/understable yellow Echos (which do a full helix very nicely, but require a bit of hyzer), and equal with my Pros. The Boss is somewhat higher than my 139g Japan Open R-Pro and considerably lower than my pig overstable Star. Looking good so far, I'm pretty excited about both.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 pm

I got to throw a ~150g blizzard wraith today and absolutely bombed a few. I am really looking forward to trying a destroyer and boss.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby swel304 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 am

Got my first two production runs in the mail today. Wraith and destroyer, Both have the smaller bubbles all the way through, both nice and domey. I have to say though that the wraith really looks terrible. It has gouges and nicks all over it. My taiwan katana had the weird lines around the underside of the wing but you could barely even feel them. On this wraith there are more of these lines and they have significant depth. Don't know how it will effect the flight if at all but the definition of f2/blem just seems to have gone out the window with these. Can't wait to get out and throw them this weekend.

I am definitely liking the taiwan blizz katana I have been throwing for the last few weeks. It pretty much immediately added a consistent 25ft to my drive and I have had some of my longest shots ever that were more like 75ft past my normal max.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby JHern » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am

So the bubbles in flight plate vs rim seems to be all over the place with some of the regular production molds. The latest Katanas I've seen had a somewhat messy stamp and no bubbles in the flight plate (though they were heavier, 157-159g). The Bosses and Destroyers still seem to be sporting numerous bubbles in the flight plate. It makes me wonder if Innova is still experimenting with it, even while ostensibly having gone into "regular production" with the Blizzard technology.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby osborne » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Picked up a 137 boss and a 134 destroyer on Monday. The boss had bubbles throughout while the destroyer had them only in the rim. These things can bomb. Typically I can get my C-PD and my S-DD out to about 380-410, King maxes out at 415 but requires too much lateral movement to be a real golf shot. Both of these were 30-50' farther than my pd and dd at full power and needed much less lateral room to get there than the king uses. King and DD are out, Blizzards are in.
xd-buzzz-meteor-drone-teebird-firebird-blizzard destroyer
Smooth is Fast-Fast is Far
osborne
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: xd

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

How do these dye? do bubbles on the flightplate affect dying?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Booter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm

they dye fine,ive already seen alot of blizzards dyed
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Got a 156 Katana and Boss, really liking these discs, not having to hit them at 100% power to get them to go has made my distance game way more consistent over these past couple weeks.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Pwingles » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Has anyone noticed any consitencies with plh and stability? Ive thrown several of these things and cant find an indicator of how stable they will or wont be
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Booter » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

domeys have been beefy and moderate/flatties have been much less stable. ive also only seen the ones under 140 be less domey. anything higher in weight is usually poppy top.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Roc Lover wrote:Has anyone noticed any consitencies with plh and stability? Ive thrown several of these things and cant find an indicator of how stable they will or wont be
Higher PLH = more stable. That'll hold true with 99.9% of the discs, you'd have to get something really weird going on for that to not work.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:33 pm

has anyone thrown the blizzard teedevils?
http://www.herodiscusa.com/champion-bli ... blems.html
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment