Westside Warship (already better than the battleship movie)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Westside Warship (already better than the battleship mov

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 pm

turso wrote:Has a quite bit of core in it now that you mention it. Core takes high power better than the proto did though, as the increase in understability was drastic when throwing with 100% instead of 80%.

ew, ew, EW, EW, EW, GROSS.

#1 thing I hate about Cores: Fliptastic at high speed.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby juju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Bead?
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

No bead, read the review.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby keltik » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 pm

I only have one core that is flippy at high speed. All the rest go 350+ nails straight with ease. They also power down very nicely. I'm actually kinda surprised with your response Jero.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm

We did not apparently throw the same kind of Pursi/Warship proto then. The one i threw was fast and i gave my initial impressions of the proto in another thread earlier, but no sense in deleting this one now that there are other impressions of a different disc. I'm sure that Varsi and Jub threw the same disc. And reasonably certain about me throwing a different individual. Having thrown other Westside protos and owning one mother of overstable King Proto that never made it to production i think that only production versions count and who knows how much they will vary from one disc to the other and how wild the variances are.

The one i threw was fast for a mid. A mid i say but a tweener one at that and fast and long. The one i threw turned around 3-4 degrees at full power and started at a very slow rate fairly early in the flight making for an interesting and a useful flight path if you plan on using more than one mid. The overall fade was around the same as an E Scout that i threw in the same session, but the onset of fade was earlier and most of the fade was super slow with hardly any r>l motion at all. Perfect for straight then slightly left tunnels. It's as long as the Scout, which means among the longest mids out there. So it would seem that the individuals i tested vs the one jub and Varsi threw are different from each other. I trust their opinions so i think nobody knows how the production ones some out.

Fuse? Way more HSS than that, but needing a few degrees initial hyzer to flip to flat at 315' IIRC and a different fade, but only a few more feet of fade. Can handle more power in the drive by a large margin. I have not encountered so HSS Comets and each Comet i've thrown fades a few feet less. So this is not the best tunnel disc when new for lasers, but break it in and it may have the least hyzer requirements for an absolute laser out to so long distances. Buzzz is shorter, MD2 almost as long but less power handling and Warrior and Scout vary in flight paths. A very broken in S Warrior may fade as little with having as much HSS, but i haven't worn mine to that condition. A new S Warrior starts the fade later and hooks more to the left by a third or so. I would not trust any of the discs i mentioned in this thread in a headwind other than the Buzzz if a glo Z wasn't picked up. Unless you gauge the wind right and have no gusts and can estimate the added hyzer requirement right and perform a clean shot without OAT.

I think that if the production versions come out close to how the one i threw was and how the one jub and Varsi threw, it will be a long and great understable mid. Not suitable to heavy winds. But time wil tell how the production runs turn out. Until that it is idle speculation.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BrotherDave » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 pm

A flippy Core? That sounds disappointing. On the other hand, a less flippy Fuse sounds cool.

Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Varsi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:18 pm

JR wrote: I'm sure that Varsi and Jub threw the same disc.

I've only seen the disc. You mean Tursoke and Jub.
It did look very pretty and felt good in hand!
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby turso » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:12 am

Yeah, it's one of the prettiest mids I've held in my hand. I guess we have to wait till the production models come out for the final verdict.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby CatPredator » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 am

Lots of really tough competition out there in the midrange market. It went from a Buzzz vs. Roc title fight to a free-for-all cage match with Lat64, MVP, and Discmania releasing some really interesting mids and putters in the last couple years.

There are so many good [and pretty] discs now that:

turso wrote:it's one of the prettiest mids I've held in my hand

might be the only way to distinguish yourself and sell slower discs like midranges...
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 am

So it throws kinda like an X buzz?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:So it throws kinda like an X buzz?
Way slower though.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:32 pm

that sounds like a pretty fun disc actually. X buzzes are pretty awesome.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Hoey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:that sounds like a pretty fun disc actually. X buzzes are pretty awesome.

totally... and in a premium plastic, it would be a pretty fun disc to throw for sure.

Looking forward to this one.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby JR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 pm

The one i threw is faster than Buzzzes. No bead for the Warship either and fairly similar height. A guy put a Wasp beside the Warship and removing the bead was about the only shape difference between those. Interesting. Today was the competition where the disc was on display. Dunno if it was released for sale to public yet because i wasn't there. Injured and slipped and fell down yesterday which did not help.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

So it's a Core copy of sorts?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment