Westside Warship (already better than the battleship movie)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Westside Warship (already better than the battleship mov

Postby turso » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:53 pm

The mold itself looks like a modified Pain.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Haven't thrown a lot of Cores, but I remember them being faster and more HSS and LSS than the Warship, lot effortless. You don't have to think about the angle and power as much with Cores. The proto Warship was a bit unpredictable in its turn (sometimes fast, sometimes slow), and required a hefty flip to go straight on a hard pull. What it did do magnificently was huge sweeping anhyzers though. It was also pretty nice on short (sub 200') approaches, didn't turn yet at those speeds and had a nice fade at the end.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 am

I can't comment on the Cores after hearing they vary a lot. I only had one early one and donated that away years ago. Role wise they probably compete for the same spot in the bag if the production ones don't vary from the one i threw. The one i threw was fast and long so i wonder if jub threw a different kind of disc to mine (Kings were made to protos in 3 versions shown to the public and i don't recall if there were more than that) And production ones weren't like any of the protos. So Westside has background in more than one version and showing them to the public. Don't know if that is the case with the Warship too.

Somehow i don't think that Cores would fly any longer for me because the one i threw was among the longest mid tosses i've made. And it did not flip to flat even. It may have been a freak pull but it didn't feel and look like one. So i wonder if jub got a beefier version. That wouldn't be a surprise from the rumors i've heard. And i can't go further into those.

Like i said we only know once we get to throw production versions. My club has 330' room indoors once a week. Yay! Too bad i'm not confident about throwing now with my injuries. I'd rather come out swinging come spring than throw now and not be recuperated as much as i could be.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby turso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:03 am

Sure hope your version is the one or at least closer to what the production model will be. The highspeed instability was pretty annoying with our proto.

turso

Postby JR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am

I threw with 2-3 degree flip and the disc stopped at 1 degree hyzer. Not bad with that example. It sounds so different from the descriptions you guys gave that i would not wonder they are different types. I'm sure that the one i tested is great on long annies too and that is where the similarities seemed to end.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 am

Yeah, when I ripped it I had to put like 30-40 degree hyzer and it flipped dead-flat from that, flew straight the whole way and faded like 1' when it came down.

turso

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:09 am

I don't know if I have the eye to tell the difference between one or two degrees of hyzer. You have a super eye JR.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Booter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:22 am

lol
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby JR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 pm

turso wrote:Yeah, when I ripped it I had to put like 30-40 degree hyzer and it flipped dead-flat from that, flew straight the whole way and faded like 1' when it came down.

Hello? Totally different for me. Wow what a difference in HSS. The good thing is that the one i threw didn't fade horribly much, but it's certainly more than 1'. But now i'm really curious to see where the production ones land in HSS and LSS. That much hyzer requirement sounds like a Fuse or a Comet ripped at full power and maybe not so cleanly too. Totally different disc and role to the one i threw. Now i'm anxious about whether i should buy one or not, because if it flies like that it gets limited to much fewer shots. And competing with Comets and Fuses which is a losing battle probably with so little HSS in the one you threw. For that role i'd take a disc that is more HSS than ESP Comets and Z Comets with the fade of those or even an X Comet. If i were to replace the Comets that is.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

JR wrote:That much hyzer requirement sounds like a Fuse or a Comet ripped at full power and maybe not so cleanly too.
FWIW turso rips his Comets flat and straight to around 330-350', if not longer on occasion when we're on the field.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 am

jubuttib wrote:
JR wrote:That much hyzer requirement sounds like a Fuse or a Comet ripped at full power and maybe not so cleanly too.
FWIW turso rips his Comets flat and straight to around 330-350', if not longer on occasion when we're on the field.

JEALOUS!!!! I must have very unclean releases then or plane breaking or wrist rolling. I wonder how many revs per second he gets with what exit speed.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I get a shitty snap on wide rimmed drivers, probably the only thing keeping me reaching 500'. Still haven't started that grip strength training I intended to in 2010... :/

turso

Postby Msarimaa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 am

Anybody throwed the production version yet?
Pure-JOKERi-Fuse-Core-Pain-River-Striker-PD-XXX-Boatman-Sword
Msarimaa
Noob

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby rooneytunes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 am

Msarimaa wrote:Anybody throwed the production version yet?

I'm getting mine in this afternoon. If the rain holds off and the wind dies down, I should be able to get a few tosses before the sun goes down.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes

Postby Booter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 am

i believe its a less stable pain, glidey, very straight ..buzzz/md2 like
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment