Westside Warship (already better than the battleship movie)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Westside Warship (already better than the battleship mov

Postby rooneytunes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 am

I'm wanting it to compliment the pain. If I need to just shit on a mid, the pain is the answer. And I can get a lot of the same lines out of a fuse as I get from the core, so I find myself not throwing the core as often. I'm hoping the warship has more glide a little less speed and some more wind resistance than the core. I'm getting a tournament and a VIP which zj said were more domey and a little more hss I think than the tourney.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Msarimaa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Should we have a sticky thread for Westside by the way? A lot of people seem to throw their discs here, and there isn't a general thread for their products...
Pure-JOKERi-Fuse-Core-Pain-River-Striker-PD-XXX-Boatman-Sword
Msarimaa
Noob

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Msarimaa wrote:Should we have a sticky thread for Westside by the way? A lot of people seem to throw their discs here, and there isn't a general thread for their products...

Maybe, they're not active on these boards as far as I'm aware though.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 pm

yeah sticky threads are more for manufacturers that post here (I wish Dave Mac would come back).
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm

No, but they do watch these forums.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Tell them to post up a thread.

or how about this

WESTSIDE! POST UP A THREAD AND WE WILL STICKY IT AND BE LIKE "OHHHHH! WE LOVE YOUR DISCS AND WANT TO BUY MORE!"
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:13 pm

I bought a silver TP and a purple VIP yesterday but i'm not exactly in health to try them out. The TP has surprisingly tacky grip for the heritage and is the grippiest GL/TP plastic i've touched which is a bonus. It is preference whether you like the added grip if you push the thumb down because the flight plate has some give. You don't need pro power to dig the thumb into the flight plate but you do need to push down intentionally to make it give. The VIP is very stiff and moves almost imperceptibly when i push down as hard as i can. The grip is ok but it has enough dome height to make it slightly more uncomfortable to hold than a flat top Buzzz for small hands like mine. I emphasize the word slightly it is subtle. Actually my glove size is such that i can use medium and large both but my fingers aren't that long in proportion to the width of the hand.

From memory the shapes of both of my discs (the shop seemed to have similarly shaped selection which is a good thing if they fly well, points for consistency in this batch at least) seemed to be the same as the proto i threw. If the flight is the same this will be a good mid. If that is the case i'm thinking of a longer broken in P MD2 flight. With equal lack of wind handling. When i say longer i mean the longest mid i've seen. I don't count the Stalker to be an extension of the Buzzz in the sense that it would be a mid in the straightness of finish category so i name Stalkers FW drivers or tweeners.

The owner of Westside Discs does not have much time to read the forums any more. He is so busy with making/selling the discs.

I have to see how gung ho i feel about low power testing the Anodes and soft Vibrams etc. i've gotten and not thrown over the winter. At least the temps got so cold now that the gooey Vibram discs could freeze up to be stiff enough to power to see how the Ibex and the Sole behave. I'm interested but fear for my health. I have to think of this because i think i'll be in trouble in the net work shift from the injuries that bug me to no end. The mind says not to throw and the heart says fugg it lets go.
Last edited by JR on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Doesn't have to be the owner, could just be an inside source. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

I don't anyone else than Janne Penttilä. I'm not inside that organization if you meant that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:Tell them to post up a thread.

or how about this

WESTSIDE! POST UP A THREAD AND WE WILL STICKY IT AND BE LIKE "OHHHHH! WE LOVE YOUR DISCS AND WANT TO BUY MORE!"
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby rooneytunes » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 am

Warship is good. From very limited throws I saw that it has a ton of glide. It is easy to throw these far. They will be too flippy for a control mid, but they may be more workable than a fuse for some guys with monster arms. VIP's are more domey than tourney's. I liked the vip for hyzers with a good finishing fade and the tourney's just go straight forever with almost no fade at all. Easy, easy distance. The rim depth is a tad bit shallower than a pain/roc, but has that pronounced "non-bead" that the pain has making it super easy to rip and get consistent releases. I didn't try shaping any shots cause the rain ended the session. I can see these taking a lot of the shots I depend on the fuse for. Tailwind, dead straight and anny's this thing should be pretty useful. They had significant amounts of flash though, so as that wears down they may lose the predictability.

Disclaimer: I really want to like these. The rim is one of the more comfortable on a mid that I have felt.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Msarimaa » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:35 am

Could these replace my cores? I want just a tick more hss.
Msarimaa
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 am

I still have not dared to throw so i can't say and the Cores have varied. I only had one and donated it away. That one was around as or a little more HSS than the proto Warship i threw. If the shape suggests anything the VIP Warship i have flies the same as the proto i threw. And the TP ain't far away shape wise at all.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Poor footing cramped space low power shots in the wind had some turn and throwing higher produced a little broken in Ranchero fade in amount of sideways movement. The difference is that the Warship starts to fade earlier at an exceptionally slow rate finishing with less fade rate than the Ranchero in a little broken in state. If i weren't throwing high into a hill side and had traction etc. for a full power throw i think the 3 degree initial hyzer requirement would be higher. For a flat flight after the flip.

The flight is fast and doesn't slow down fast meaning great distance for a mid because the glide is very good too. In these conditions i could not detect a difference between the TP and the VIP max weights other than at times in the wind the TP flipped maybe a degree or two at the max more. In calmer conditions and rear or rear left winds (prevailing directions) the flights were the same. I have no idea if this is the case but upon very casual visual observation the discs in the store looked identical to each other with the exception of one lower PLH disc and the difference was not large. Perhaps the production is improving at Lat. I sure hope so.

I was super stoked about a 180 Star Coyote that was more HSS and less LSS than the Warship and in the rear winds glided so well that it wasn't much shorter at all. Although the hill side was a little too close for these. The Warship will be more versatile due to being so controllable and moving a little in the turn and the fade. For lasers i would pick the Coyote. For longer tosses and minimizing the mold count the Warship has an edge. It seems to be a very good very long understable mid. Possibly even a tweener that would overlap with other tweeners like Squalls, Kites maybe even Stalkers and possibly the shortest FW drivers. Leo being the obvious short and low fade overlap offender. The Stalker would be more HSS and LSS and a little longer but the difference would be so small that it would be like fine tuning the D from a putter to the Warship to the Stalker in so small increments that it could be viewed either as a terrible overlap or the same role with different stabilities for no brainer sideways control. The same could be said about the longer Squall to Stalker combo. But the Warship has a slight advantage in ranging being shorter.

The Warship powers down fine but adding more fade than the straightest mids and putter drives. The fade would get into brush in the tightest of tunnels if you throw only around 200-220'. I did not get headwinds when i threw mine so i have no idea about the amount of wind it takes to flip these extra. I would not throw these at full power into medium headwinds. Because i think they will need about 4-5 degrees of initial hyzer to flip to flat at full power. But i need to wait until i can throw with traction to see how these fare.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Msarimaa » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand your descriptions with degrees... Do you mean degrees like 360 degrees for a full circle? If so how can you see so small differences?
Msarimaa
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment