Innova Star line

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Innova Star line

Postby mkpowers » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:48 pm

Has anyone thrown a Starline disc yet? They look good on paper, but I want to see how they are before I go out and buy a couple.
mkpowers
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:05 am

held a few of the proto teebirds in my hands at the usdgc. they feel like 10x kc plastic (first stuff w/ a slight CE blend in them) but i've been told they fly more like 11x KC stuff. they were all very heavy... e.g. the 175g teebirds were actually in the 180's...

supposedly they have been able to get a 150class blend though...
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Solty » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:53 am

i ordered a 174 TB starline. I use a candy 175 right now for super long straight shots. Should be here early this week.

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:16 am

mikesolt wrote:i ordered a 174 TB starline. I use a candy 175 right now for super long straight shots. Should be here early this week.

mike

What discs are available in this plastic? Do the other manufacturers have something similar? I only use 1 Innova disc, and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with it.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:01 pm

So far they have Star Stingrays, Star TeeBirds and Star Sidewinders. In the next month Star Beasts, Star Wraiths and Star SL (Second mold of Starfires)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:17 pm

star orcs came in today, but they are worlds fundraisers
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Weebl » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:26 pm

Sweetness... Are they the same as the "nightshift" orcs I've been hearing about?
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Supermau » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:59 am

Just ordered a Star Teebird. Looking forward to checking it out. :D
Supermau
Noob

star

Postby twmccoy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:42 pm

I'm currently throwing a star wraith and loving it. This disc seems to have the perfect stability for huge flat drives. Durability is not as good as champion plastic however.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Mark Brunner » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:26 pm

I disagree on durability, I have been throwing all of the new star discs in practice and a few are in my bag (teebird, wraith) for about 18 rounds already with plenty of tree hits... No difference in flight paths, and the disc looks fine.

I do not argue that they are AS durable as champion, but they will certainly last a long long time and I do not expect them to turn into what some of the Pro plastic turns into when beat... inconsistent

My opinion on the following molds:

Star Beast - Not liking these much at all, more stable than I expected but not nearly as consistent since they retooled the beast.

Star Teebird - Love them, never got used to the 11x ch teebirds, these are almost as overstable but fly a little straighter/longer so far in practice

Star Wraith - Definately not like the Flippy CFR discs, and definately a tad bit more overstable than the Pro version of the disc. Consistent and long for more open shots

Star Sidewinder - Great roller, and holds a long anhyzer ... Fly like the champion, just like a longer leopard for my bag

Star Aviar - Greatputter, consistent, durable, fun... Not a fan of the putt and approach molds but I will be putting with one for the next month or two

Star SL - Flies great! Only have a few throws under the belt but they fly more like the Pro Starfires for sure which makes sense. Long with a bit more glide it seems, still trying it out..

Hope these help a few of you
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby mkpowers » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:25 pm

Thanks....
I'm going to buy a Star TeeBird and a Star Wraith next weekend, try them out..
mkpowers
Noob

Postby Smyith » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:48 am

my buddy won a Star Avair (170g) at a tourney this past weekend. the plastic feels alot like the pro but i think its a little bit grippyer. It puts awesome in the wind long and short. in my time i have noticed that typically the harder plastics tend to bounce off or blow threw the chains on hard putts. thestar drops really well and neither of us had a blow threw. unfourtanely i cant say anything about the drivers i have only held them not thrown yet. but if u like the old CE or pro plastic im sure you'll like the Star plastic. the rims are realatively stiff and the center has some flex to it so it should have some good durability.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:44 am

Does anyone know if the other manufacturers are coming up with anything similar? I'm curious what an avenger or tracker would be like in this type of plastic.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:53 am

Gateway E plastic is fairly similar, its really durable and has alot better grip than any of the premium plastics
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby garublador » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:00 pm

I haven't held the STAR plastic yet, but from the descriptions it sounds like some of the Gateway E plastic, or the Z plastic they use for some Z Talons and Z Storms.
garublador
Disc Whore

Next

Return to Equipment