MVP Anode - AKA where's our driver? Seriously!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Anode

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Interesting stamp. I'm assuming the stamp is more about the flight of the disc and less related to its name?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Leopard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Jeronimo wrote:Interesting stamp. I'm assuming the stamp is more about the flight of the disc and less related to its name?

Both. Anodes can take any shape and facilitate energy transfer -- as I vaguely boiled down to myself via google. A neutral putter can take on varied lines, but those lines and the linear play of the disc emphasize a central focus, gravity, force.. you name it. So I took the concept of a gravitational lens, something that would guide energy from various entries into a forward-focused transmission. In the end, we had these little disc modules with beams connecting them, all sitting on a lens-shaped plane. I see a disc being worked through a lens with hyzer flip and anny pan-out forces in action, which are themselves gyroscopic effects of disc flight. It compliments the geometry of the Ion stamp and plays on the gyro + transmission vibe of the Axis stamp.

Of course none of that is meant to be plainly understood by the viewer; this conceptualizing is just a means of getting a basis that fits, preferably without being explicitly illustrative. Thanks, I love talking about my stuff.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby new013 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 pm

I also like the stamp, really clean and gravitates your eye to the center. I was hoping this disc would be named "Quark" but beggers can't be choosers, thanks MVP.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby colombo117 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Mmmmmm. Dig the stamp and I look forward to throwing this puppy a round or two.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Leopard wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:Interesting stamp. I'm assuming the stamp is more about the flight of the disc and less related to its name?

Both. Anodes can take any shape and facilitate energy transfer -- as I vaguely boiled down to myself via google. A neutral putter can take on varied lines, but those lines and the linear play of the disc emphasize a central focus, gravity, force.. you name it. So I took the concept of a gravitational lens, something that would guide energy from various entries into a forward-focused transmission. In the end, we had these little disc modules with beams connecting them, all sitting on a lens-shaped plane. I see a disc being worked through a lens with hyzer flip and anny pan-out forces in action, which are themselves gyroscopic effects of disc flight. It compliments the geometry of the Ion stamp and plays on the gyro + transmission vibe of the Axis stamp.

Of course none of that is meant to be plainly understood by the viewer; this conceptualizing is just a means of getting a basis that fits, preferably without being explicitly illustrative. Thanks, I love talking about my stuff.

I'm impressed.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Leopard wrote:

deep
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 am

Timko wrote:Well, looks like some DGR stamped Anodes is happening sometime this year now...
Skullboy?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Timko » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 am

jubuttib wrote:
Timko wrote:Well, looks like some DGR stamped Anodes is happening sometime this year now...
Skullboy?

We'll use the same stamp. Probably a late summer release.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jtbingster2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 am

Can't wait. I wish I could test it.

Great job on the stamp, Leopard.
jtbingster2
Noob

Postby Jerrod » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 am

Don't know about that name...
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 am

Timko wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
Skullboy?

Oh, OK then. I'll probably spring for a couple, even though I don't need them. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 am

Timko wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
Skullboy?

Awwww come on, commission a new stamp.

Not that I have anything against the stamp, I'd just like to see some variety. For example, I wasn't a big fan of running the same DGR stamp across all those Dismania molds. Would have rather seen that DGR stamp stay PD specific.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby swel304 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 am

I have been looking for a reason to put an mpv disc in my bag without kicking out the wizard or buzzz and this sounds like it may work so I am excited.

I would think that they are using Anode to mean the polar opposite of some other disc since the most common anode is probably the negative pole of a battery. So like someone said, should we expect the cathode soon? lol Anyway the stamp is sweet and I can't wait to try one out.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 am

Jerrod wrote:Don't know about that name...

Yeah, not sure i'm a fan either.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby BrotherDave » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I would love a disc that flies like the 1st run ions and/or the 2nd run ions with the messed up beads.

Yep, me too.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment