Legacy Releases the Clutch

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Legacy Releases the Clutch

Postby dgdave » Tue May 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Take the biggest one you've seen and add 3 inches. Its OD green. Its green from your mom's asshole.

It just chunks, scrapes, gouges really easily. Mine was 7-8/10 just from putting practice for an hour.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby keltik » Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm

why is the donkey dick always green? we said that here in NC too. It was always ____ sucks a big green donkey dick. but why green?

so back on topic: 7.5/10 after 1 hour of putting practice. Did it putt any better after all that?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby dgdave » Tue May 08, 2012 5:55 pm

All cosmetic. No change in flight really.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JHern » Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 pm

OK, I putted with it for a while, and I see what you mean. If it hits anything sharp, it slices into it like a knife through warm butter. This is very very very different from the first white protege Clutch I got earlier this year...so, not all white clutches are bad. Basically, look for the tacky chalky-feeling plastic, that's the best stuff.

The Clutch is generally a great disc, but my impression is still the same, that it lacks glide in comparison with other putters. Very stable, but it just drops faster than an Aviar or Wizard. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just have to adjust your putts a bit and get a little more zing on the throw to keep it up.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby victorb » Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 am

JHern wrote:The Clutch is generally a great disc, but my impression is still the same, that it lacks glide in comparison with other putters. Very stable, but it just drops faster than an Aviar or Wizard. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just have to adjust your putts a bit and get a little more zing on the throw to keep it up.

Took me a while to figure this out, and figure out that's why the clutch wasn't for me. I thought it had pretty good glide, for throws and putts, but really it's just a tick faster in speed than what I'm used to. Took me a couple weeks to work out that's why I was missing too many putts low - I wasn't adjusting for the speed of the disc and it didn't hold itself in the air very well. Great disc if you're a very firm putter, but I have more of a pitch style, so it didn't work out for me.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Previous

Return to Equipment