Hottest discs out when you started playing

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby victorb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 am

I think the wraith was released right after I first started playing...an argument can be made that innova hasn't made a better disc since then.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Columbia, MO
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby jubuttib » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

victorb wrote:I think the wraith was released right after I first started playing...an argument can be made that innova hasn't made a better disc since then.
Personally I think the PD edges ahead of the Wraith, as well as the MD2.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby Marauder » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 am

I started my freshman year of college after I got out of the service in 05' The hot disc was the Wraith. I wasn't too schooled up on premium stuff so I was just using the Valkyrie my friend gave me. When I did start getting more serious about Disc Golf .. The Augusta Wraith ( mentioned already ) was THE disc. Crazy how much they're going for these days... if you ever see excellent ones for sale.
Marauder
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Favorite Disc: MVP Amp

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby zj1002 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:30 am

The first disc I remember hearing a lot of buzz about was the Boss. There were some other discs but they didn't get as much hype as the Boss did when it landed
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby juju » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:13 am

The XL was a big deal when I first started throwing. Cyclone was king, but the XL was slowly taking over peoples bags.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby RogerP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:38 am

I suppose i start to play around 94-95. My first disc was a Griffin, and the second a X-Clone.
RogerP
Noob
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:39 pm
Favorite Disc: Storm!

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby mf100forever » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 am

78-79, played with the world class frisbees from Wham-O, played with mold 80 (165gr), mold
50 (141gr) and a mold 41 (119gr) as a putter.
The Midnight Flyers arrived a year later on Swedish soil, they were hot back then :)
(disc-) gracefully yours, PDGA# 3418
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/english/index.aspx
mf100forever
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:12 am
Location: Sweden "Latitude 65"
Favorite Disc: MF100

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby LumberJack » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 am

The Boss was the hot disc shortly after I started throwing. My first disc, given to me by a friend, was a Discraft Tracer (not Tracker) and the first discs I purchased were a pro Rhyno and a star Beast.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:14 pm
Location: Fema Camp
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 am

zj1002 wrote:The first disc I remember hearing a lot of buzz about was the Boss. There were some other discs but they didn't get as much hype as the Boss did when it landed


Are you that new to the sport and already throwing 500+? Damn man, I hate you... :cry:
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby dgdave » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 am

jubuttib wrote:
victorb wrote:I think the wraith was released right after I first started playing...an argument can be made that innova hasn't made a better disc since then.
Personally I think the PD edges ahead of the Wraith, as well as the MD2.


Destroyer and PD are better. That's about it.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby zj1002 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
zj1002 wrote:The first disc I remember hearing a lot of buzz about was the Boss. There were some other discs but they didn't get as much hype as the Boss did when it landed


Are you that new to the sport and already throwing 500+? Damn man, I hate you... :cry:


Pretty much. Hit 500 a year and a half ago
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 pm

zj1002 wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
zj1002 wrote:The first disc I remember hearing a lot of buzz about was the Boss. There were some other discs but they didn't get as much hype as the Boss did when it landed


Are you that new to the sport and already throwing 500+? Damn man, I hate you... :cry:


Pretty much. Hit 500 a year and a half ago


Did you have people around that threw near that magnitude to help you or was it through self discovery?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby Triflusal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
zj1002 wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
zj1002 wrote:The first disc I remember hearing a lot of buzz about was the Boss. There were some other discs but they didn't get as much hype as the Boss did when it landed


Are you that new to the sport and already throwing 500+? Damn man, I hate you... :cry:


Pretty much. Hit 500 a year and a half ago


Did you have people around that threw near that magnitude to help you or was it through self discovery?

self discovery and body exploration
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator
User avatar
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: fighting crime
Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby eky8 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Destroyer was hot right after I started playing.
eky8
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:16 am
Location: Clearfield UT
Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Re: Hottest discs out when you started playing

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Triflusal wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
zj1002 wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
zj1002 wrote:The first disc I remember hearing a lot of buzz about was the Boss. There were some other discs but they didn't get as much hype as the Boss did when it landed


Are you that new to the sport and already throwing 500+? Damn man, I hate you... :cry:


Pretty much. Hit 500 a year and a half ago


Did you have people around that threw near that magnitude to help you or was it through self discovery?

self discovery and body exploration


With incense and body oils?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest