Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Are Revolution bags still relevant?

Postby iowapat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Timko wrote:
iowapat wrote:
ian wrote:Some one should start posting pics of these old gateway and revo bags

Here's mine after 6 years...

Pat, please tell me that's Turkey Creek...

Yup...the "new" tee for #1...which is approximately 15ft back and to the right...
iowapat
Tree Magnet

Postby Mark Ellis » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:41 pm

iowapat wrote:

which was replaced with a Mojo ~ 4 months ago

It took you 6 years to finish a beer?
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby JR » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 pm

It's Celebration. It's good but i'd say that after six years it's not as savory as when it was opened. Had it been bottle conditioned for six years it could be awesome. So i'm not sure if it's 6 years of celebrating with that bottle. It's a long time with just one beer unless he was being unfaithful :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jsun3thousand » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:
iowapat wrote:

which was replaced with a Mojo ~ 4 months ago

It took you 6 years to finish a beer?

how old are you mark? all the cool disc golfers are making sure their beer matches their bag now. i have to stock up on camo colored cans during the hunting season or i'm drinking camo high gravity larger.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 pm

iowapat wrote:
Timko wrote:
iowapat wrote:

Pat, please tell me that's Turkey Creek...

Yup...the "new" tee for #1...which is approximately 15ft back and to the right...

Wow, I live an hour away from turkey creek and didn't even recognize that till you said something. Theres a tourney there at the begining of april im looking forward to. Fun course.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby ATL Scott » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:54 pm

I got a dual pack several years ago and immediately fell in love. The thing is just comfortable and carries the things I need/want. And it's basically indestructable. The only complaint I see with the dual packs is that the colors fade sometimes. I bought white so my only issue was that it started getting permanent dirt stains.

So I sold it for $100 and bought a black used one for $100 and figure I'll easily get several more years out of it. I'm not in love with the grip bags (less comfortable and a little small for my tastes). I agree that Revo seems like they are almost trying to fail with their (lack of) customer service, availability, and innovation.

When I buy my next bag I will still consider revolution first.
If you watch fight club backward you see a psychologically troubled man become a successful and productive member of society.
ATL Scott
Noob

Favorite Disc: ching rocs

Postby chunk » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:23 am

ATL Scott wrote:I agree that Revo seems like they are almost trying to fail with their (lack of) customer service, availability, and innovation.

yea, i gotta ask wtf??? i've been watching their website since christmas and dual packs remain out of stock. i've sent emails and posted messages on their facebook group about when they'll get more and all i hear are crickets. :?
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby rooneytunes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 am

That's another thing, as the sport expands and the industry legitimizes, golfers will begin to expect the level of customer service that is present in other non-dg companies. I'm not saying that this will be the demise of revo (obviously, many golfers who are loyal to their product will promote and exhibit its quality), but with new golfers coming onto the scene everyday, they are being bombarded with great information and communication on these forums which should endear them towards those companies that are actively marketing and communication with them.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:56 pm

For a brief synapsis on my current Revo project, check out my thread in the Bag forum. F'in stoked boys.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby Droskee24 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am

Everything seems to be out of stock on the revo site, and its been that way for months, except for the standard carolina bag.....Where do you get one, besides there website?
Droskee24
Noob

Favorite Disc: Boss

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:39 am

No, they are not.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby zenn9 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:00 pm

To answer the question. No. I think Voodoo is the way to go if your looking for this style bag today. For the price and features its a much better choice.

With that said, I still feel lucky to have picked up a Revo Pro bag 2 years ago for about $90 before they stopped making them and increased the price.
The bag basically looks like I just bought it minus a little wear on the bottom where the frame rubs. I just picked up my first pair of Phenix Quads for it and expect to continue using this bag on short rounds and hot days in the summer.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Drivers - Lat 64: Riot, Vision, and River. Ching Velocity Supreme & Powerline. Innova Champ Wraith.
Mid-Range - Buzzz and Fuse,
Putters - MVP medium Ion's.
zenn9
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz / MVP Ion

Postby Droskee24 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 pm

The 2 responses have been no, but i didnt ask a yes/no question so im confused. So ill just ask straight up. Is it still possible to get a dual pack revolution bag?
Droskee24
Noob

Favorite Disc: Boss

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Droskee24 wrote:The 2 responses have been no, but i didnt ask a yes/no question so im confused. So ill just ask straight up. Is it still possible to get a dual pack revolution bag?
Pretty sure the responses were answering the question in the OP.

But to answer your question, yes, it is possible. I don't know where to get them in the States, but not too long ago Discmania.fi got some more of them after they'd been sold out for close to a year. They must still be producing the bags.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Equipment