Overhand Disc Selection

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Overhand Disc Selection

Postby kern9787 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:06 am

new013 wrote:that skip video is awesome, i've never seen somebody thumber skip a disc like that. they pulled 100+ discs out of the water at that course this week after the tourney. people were turning over FBs, Xcals, Bosses on the lake holes.

what discs finish with hard hard right skips more often? my FB gets more of a skip than the Surge I'm throwing but I can chuck the Surge much farther.

I used to throw skip thumbers like that all the time. I wasn't skipping off of water though. :lol: I did it with several types of discs though depending on the shot. Depending on how it hits, you can get an upside down slide that is mostly forwards, or any degree of skips off to the right. If I recall, the most important factor for it was the way it hit the ground, although the disc selection played a big role in that.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:03 am

That round with the skip off the water was fun to watch as schwebby was up by like 10 with 9 holes to go so he just started dicking around. The hole before he threw a shot through a gap barely wider than a disc just to see if he could.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:06 am

Fightingthetide wrote:Yeah I think that's what happened. That'll probably be the last disc I flatten. It really didn't need it. I was just seeing if I could take out the tiny bit of dome and make it flat as a board.

Oh and I had people telling me it was a 3rd run and others said CFR...but it does have patent numbers.
Patent numbers = CFR.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Equipment