what are the thought on th trak

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

what are the thought on th trak

Postby money 21 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:58 pm

in a long not very interesting story i ended up with a medium trak. i only go 4 throws with it tonight and was just wondering what other peoples impressions of the disc were. it reminded me of an s saber in flight ( again just 4 throws).
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: what are the thought on th trak

Postby JR » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I haven't seen as high HSS and LSS Sabres even in harder plastics as my medium Trak is. My Trak is faster and less gliding a little longer and harder fading Sabre. With very much less flipping with the Trak. Good grip in cool and wet weather which was the reason why i bought one. Better wind handling than the Sabre but about on par with a TL. Meaning there are better headwind FWs. Considering the hefty fade vs the low headwind handling the Trak is not good for a tight course as an only FW. It does not offer wind resistance coupled to an understable straight FW and it isn't straight enough or an anny disc that holds the lines to the ground at under full power complementing a wind tolerant FW.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby money 21 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:02 pm

play more with the trak today it ahs a real chance of making the bag. the thing that impressed me the most about it was how well it powered down. that and i hit a birdie with a flick from about 220'. flight has some turn but enough fade to come back putting it in joe chart numbers i would say rng 4 hss -1.5 lss 2 pwr 4 IMO.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 pm

It powers down well but it has more LSS than I want and it requires too much height to get any real distance.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby discspeed » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:06 am

From what little I've heard, the Trak flies exactly how I thought it would. I really like the Vibram company and their investment in DG, but I'm just skeptical of the flight properties of that material for my own tastes. So far each of their discs I've thrown has taken more effort for similar flights and distances as the other discs in their class(similar wing widths).
Last edited by discspeed on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby money 21 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:It powers down well but it has more LSS than I want and it requires too much height to get any real distance.

IMO it lss comes on so late that i think it add a little distance on hard throws. it does take a little more hieght but not as much as a mid. i was putting mine out to the 350 mark on smooth throws.
i would put the trak in the tweener class.
i agree with disc speed that the material doesn't glide well and limit some distance. but in putter and mids the durablity that it offers is great.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment