King Cobra and Super Stingray

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: King Cobra and Super Stingray

Postby limonsock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 pm

discmonkey42 wrote:In my experience, the super stingray has about the same range as the mako, turns a bit more early, and has more fade.

The mako has good distance for a point and shoot mid. To go further on similar lines, I'd step up to a straight fairway driver like the FD, River, or a Leo. Those all have good glide and stay on the lines you throw them on.

Thanks for that, i guess Stingray isnt what im looking for then. I;ve got an FD waiting for me at home, unfortunately won't be there to throw it for another 5 months...
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Postby JR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Torg wrote:My SS is super stable out to about 330'. For some reason it handles the wind like crap though.

How far do you get other mids because that is good D? I have a grip that might not be tight enough and the extra D you get over me might also come with the benefit of more spin thanks to a probably better grip. But my disc may be in the middle of the pack too and your disc can of course be beefier still. I've heard of more understable SSs than mine. My SS is not great in the wind either if is not a rear wind.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Torg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm

That's about as far as I throw mids. My grip is loose. The pro I play with has been ragging on me about it. I am a snap guy mostly.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:57 am

Made my longest flat land toss in some rear wind with my 180 King Cobra with 356' so i thought i'd try a lighter one and get a spare so i got one in 175. Headwind only driving range in pretty bad wind speeds flipped a few degrees. Gotta try the 175 in less wind and more opportune wind directions and see how the 180 fares in headwinds. As a comparison a Z 172 Stalker flipped as much. I imagine that the 175 can be a pretty nice combo of non flipping HSS and good glide with nice D for a mid in less demanding winds.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment