Mamba

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Mamba

Postby ashley » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:59 pm

I am rather intrigued by this disc. 11/6/-5/1. I am trying to figure out what you would want a -5 for. Would you say it throws like a beat in roadrunner then? I've never thrown a Monarch, so I don't know how that compares. I have had the same roadrunner in my bag for probably 6 years, and it is rather beat in, so much so, that there are few lines I can put it on.
ashley
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: valkyrie

Postby Spinthrift » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm

dehaas wrote:are these going to be ran regularly in 150 class or was that a special deluxe one of a kind run? a 150 class might be fun to throw in certain instances.

After reading Ray had some 150s, I asked the Innova East distribution manager the same thing and he said the 150s were only made for Hero.
2012 PDGA MS1 World Champion
2013 PDGA MS1 U.S. Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby discspeed » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

I threw an orange 175 Mamba some today. I was at a fairly short course, so I didn't get too many chances for max D throws...However, I don't think this disc is best thrown hard anyway. It is like the Sidewinder's faster, slightly less stable cousin. It has quite a bit of high speed turn, but it also had a good amount of fade unless thrown pretty far. The glide was pretty impressive. Another thing I liked was the shorter wing width...It feels less bulky in the hand than a Wraith imo.

The Mamba is interesting enough to make me want to throw it some more. I especially want to try some rollers and distance annies.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Pwingles » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 pm

discspeed wrote:The Mamba is interesting enough to make me want to throw it some more. I especially want to try some rollers and distance annies.

this is what intrigues me as well
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby discspeed » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 pm

I took my Mamba to the field tonight...I was really feeling it with my release angles and it was flying beautifully, even into a mild headwind. It really reminds me of a faster version of a FR Sidewinder. Initially it is seeming like a really natural pairing with my Swords, as they are so straight and the Mamba is esstastic. Kudos Innova for making a disc that outperforms it's rim width in both speed and glide...So far I'm liking the Mamba more than I've liked any of the other flippy discs in it's speed class (flppy Kings, Havoc). It is also a fast speed 11.

We only got a few colors at CDGS, and the PLHs are pretty consistent. I'm going to grab a lighter one to test tomorrow.
discspeed

Postby inthedrift » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 pm

I had already planned on trying this disc out but after your initial review it sounds like it might be what I want it to be.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby discspeed » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm starting to get my release angles down better with my Mamba and I'm liking how it's flying. It is really easy to throw high and left and watch it fall left to right across the sky. It gets really big D when you hit the line right. It also hyzer flips really well, and seems to fade pretty predictably if not overpowered. This is by far the fastest truly understable disc I've found that has some predictability. I don't like the way it feels too much(it's quite shallow), but I can manage it. I do love the glide that the huge dome seems to provide, and I like that the rim width is a few mms short of max.
discspeed

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 am

discspeed wrote:I'm starting to get my release angles down better with my Mamba and I'm liking how it's flying. It is really easy to throw high and left and watch it fall left to right across the sky. It gets really big D when you hit the line right. It also hyzer flips really well, and seems to fade pretty predictably if not overpowered. This is by far the fastest truly understable disc I've found that has some predictability. I don't like the way it feels too much(it's quite shallow), but I can manage it. I do love the glide that the huge dome seems to provide, and I like that the rim width is a few mms short of max.

I'm throwing a 148 Blizzard Katana right now for max D and big turnovers. This sounds very similiar in flight, but i'll assume it has less fade and is less nose-angle sensitive. Any chance you can compare the two?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Spinthrift » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 am

Fightingthetide wrote:I'm throwing a 148 Blizzard Katana right now for max D and big turnovers. This sounds very similiar in flight, but i'll assume it has less fade and is less nose-angle sensitive. Any chance you can compare the two?

Like you, I'm deeply infatuated with the BlizKat. I'm throwing a 169 Champ Mamba and it's turning way more than the Kat and has similar glide. If you misplay the hyzer angle for the Mamba it turns into a roller real quick. But out of the box, I'm getting straight hyzer flips with little fade and easy, glidey righthand turns similar to my seasoned Champ Sidewinder but a lot longer. Haven't thrown it in any notable wind yet, but I don't think it's real similar to the BlizKats.
2012 PDGA MS1 World Champion
2013 PDGA MS1 U.S. Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby money 21 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 pm

sneaky long, this disc is easy distace.

This is what the monarch could have been with out the nose angle sensativity. easy to turn over great for hyzer flips and glidy. is nicely complementing my surge. the glide is where this disc shines.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby money 21 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 pm

this is my favorite disc of the last year. this disc is what the monarch should have been. a faster glider RR. wraith speed, RR line, and river glide
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby LumberJack » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I bought a 166g Mamba a couple weeks back and this thing is fun to throw. I only break it out in a tailwind and still have to start it out with steep initial hyzer to insure that it doesn't go all the way over and not come back at all. It's fun to throw, it goes with little effort and I will go pick up a max weight soon.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to Equipment