Close to KCs
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Clozer

Postby chainsmoker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 am

dgdave wrote:I've been tossing an icon Clozer lately. It's weird. Less hss than the protégé. Ok glide, not great. I was wanting an overstable putter, but that's not what I got.

I've been throwing the Clozer along with the Clutch and I'm concluding that they are very close in flight. The Clozer is very slightly more stable at speed and has a tiny fade, I won't be carrying both.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JHern » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 pm

chainsmoker wrote:
dgdave wrote:I've been tossing an icon Clozer lately. It's weird. Less hss than the protégé. Ok glide, not great. I was wanting an overstable putter, but that's not what I got.

I've been throwing the Clozer along with the Clutch and I'm concluding that they are very close in flight. The Clozer is very slightly more hss at speed and has a tiny fade, I won't be carrying both.

I agree that they are similar in flight, though I've thrown a couple of Clozers with Don Smith that were more stable and great for 250' throws, and worked over a longer reliable range than most clutches...I'd love to see how these things work in Pinnacle plastic!
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby chainsmoker » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 pm

I found out the same thing today out on the course, when I push them a little harder the Clozers don't mind as much. I've got a really sweet looking blue Icon Clozer but the plastic really doesn't jive with me for putters. Last spring I switched back to spin putting and I am putting better than ever using an Excel clutch.
Recently I picked up a gravity edition Clozer and Clutch, both of these are more stable than any of the other versions. Wonder how long that will last?
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Let me know of you don't want that blue Clozer
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Previous

Return to Equipment