champ zephyrs at pro shop

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: champ zephyrs at pro shop

Postby JR » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 am

Nikko thinks the Zephyr is the best disc made ever. It was fun seeing him do ace runs at the Scandinavian Open 2010 course at nights. Because i have issues releasing cleanly each time at power i would use putters for accuracy events. I've never been in all round events nor practiced them so i don't know how the Zephyr would work there for me.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby veganray » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am

Discs with a rim configuration of <75 (including all modern, non-lid "putters") are not legal for accuracy. Lids are legal, as are Zephyrs up to 161.47g. Even an archaic lid putter such as a Polecat would only be legal if <=142.71g.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:43 pm

How does accuracy work? I'd had expected a disc good for accuracy be at least viable for putting/approaches.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby veganray » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 am

http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/ferguson/ ... ml#S603.01

Accuracy has no penalty for blowbys. Putting/approaching does.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Ah, so it's basically hitting a gap. Gotcha. I'd assumed a landing area was included, makes sense now.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby veganray » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:06 pm

150g Blizzard Zephyr flight impressions: a touch flippier than accuracy (160g DX) Zephyrs. Too much arm prompts a crash-&-burn, but a snappy wrist flip yields an extremely straight flight after the flip-to-flat and with more natural lift and tons of straight-as-a-string glide on accuracy shots. Good for anny-all-the-way FH accuracy shots, as well. Not yet tested for power hyzerhucks.

I've got to track down a couple more so I can use them for accuracy at VA States this weekend.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Previous

Return to Equipment