Re: My teebird is broken?

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 am

QJLS are surprisingly stable.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

QJLS can handle every angle. It is much more versatile than the TB. Flips, annys, hyzers...the QJLS does it. It sounds like what you want. Eagle-l might be too touchy if you can't contr the TB
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Joz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:QJLS are surprisingly stable.

Which QJLS? Current run? What about the QPLS?
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 pm

the current QPLS is more like a mini eagle/banshee. It will flip up and finish left. It doesn't hold an anhyzer until you beat the snot out of it.

The current QJLS(not the misprint) is the proper QJLS mold. It molded up really well and is super straight
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby colombo117 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Throwing teebirds on annies is a sensitive thing to do. It can be done with good form and the proper height, but there are discs that do it much better. Also, when teebirds are forced to turn over they hold it and the LSS does not always kick in before they hit the ground. So, they need some height to achieve the anhyzer shot.

Teebirds are great for their abnormal amounts of HSS and lower LSS at the end (nice straight flight), but this is what makes them not so great for high powered anhyzer shots.

I prefer teebirds for straight shots and long hyzers. For the anhyzers, I would use a beat EX, EL, Leo, XL, or JLS.

So, it is not broken.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby victorb » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Teebirds are better at hyzer flip to turnover than straight anhyzer out of the hand.

Get a beat dx teebird if you want to go right, otherwise you're probably going to need a different mold like a jls, eagle, or cyclone, something with some natural turn and heavier fade.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Apathy wrote:
keltik wrote:
zj1002 wrote:Get a QJLS

Wouldnt a JLS be too understable? It would seem that I would want something that would fight the turn more than a teebird, as the prob with the teebird is it won't take an anhyzer release. Isn't the JLS going to take it even worse?

I dunno, just seems odd...
A) Your Teebird seems screwy, you shouldn't use it as a measuring stick. B) The JLS can be surprisingly stable, the MJLS I got to test was more overstable than the MOLF and QOLF that accompanied it. All were new.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby ian » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Did I read it wrong when the OP said he uses a pred for turnover shots? Maybe throwing such over stable stuff is hurting your form and causing you to crank the teebird too hard. I use beat champ teebirds for this shot(I think it's what you're talking about) and they are great for that gentile turn.
ian
Noob

Favorite Disc: aviar

Postby AcesAZ » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:22 pm

My new DX Teebird doesnt hook up fade on annys either on 325-350' shots. Just holds it line all the way. It will fade out a tiny bit on straght hits which is what I normally throw with it.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby discpunk26 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:10 am

reading through all the posts, I think a lot of you got junk teebirds. Teebirds are great for turnovers, and slow late flexes. The OP's problem that I see is the weight. I would suggest a weight between 172 and 175. If it is still a little too touchy try a teebird plus.

@ian, I have a pred that I throw for anhyzers. An amazing slightly domey beat pred, what's to say the OP doesn't too. His is also flexing out which he wants to avoid, that is what is going to make the teebird a good choice at the right weight.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby jubuttib » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:21 pm

discpunk26 wrote:reading through all the posts, I think a lot of you got junk teebirds. Teebirds are great for turnovers, and slow late flexes. The OP's problem that I see is the weight. I would suggest a weight between 172 and 175. If it is still a little too touchy try a teebird plus.

@ian, I have a pred that I throw for anhyzers. An amazing slightly domey beat pred, what's to say the OP doesn't too. His is also flexing out which he wants to avoid, that is what is going to make the teebird a good choice at the right weight.
From what I understand (and judging by my discs) the TB has always been at it's best when flying straight and straighter. Turnovers are something that I'd only ever expect from a beaten TB.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Equipment