MidRange to Forehand

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MidRange to Forehand

Postby victorb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 am

La Flama Blanca wrote:So I've tried a Roc, MD2, Pain, Vector and now a Zone. It's just not pretty with any of them. ESP-Zone has been the best so far...

I am pretty sure I have some form issues with my forehand, but I can throw drivers 350' on the reg, and up to probably 380' with the right conditions. I am thinking for MidRange, I am going to want something Overstable. I feel like my release isn't always clean just because of the deeper rim, but I am open to any suggestions???

*Side note: I get jealous watching Mike C flick his mids... Are the rest of you attempting to flick mids as successfully as him, and so effortlessly?

when I carried them, I really liked an Opto Pain for mid range forehand shots. Not so overstable it can't be worked on different lines, but overstable enough to not flip on a slightly dirty release too.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 am

Also, FWIW, when trying to throw hard forehands I've had best success with the P-P1. The floppy nature of the plastic just absorbs OAT and it flies great regardless. Wonder where I could get a similarly floppy mid... =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discpunk26 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:30 pm

watch brodie smiths youtube video for flicking ultimate discs, those guys are masters of control.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 pm

I think I envy Brodie's forehand more than any aspect of any other player. And I know that there are better FH guys around than Brodie.

Seriously, if I had that dude's forehand I wouldn't play with anything else than an Ultra-Star.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Equipment