I am Legend(a)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I am Legend(a)

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Seriously, why is no one talking about this disc? 99% of the time I call bullshit when someone says "X Disc added 3464564 ft to my drives!" being the cynical bastard I am. But seriously... this disc added 30-40ft to my drives! I'm stunned! I regularly throw Bosses, Destroyers, Flows, Havocs, Halos, Nukes, etc... NONE fly as picture perfect for me as the Premium plastic Legenda.

Who should throw the premium plastic Legenda:
People with 350+ ft of power
People who don't mind wide rims
People who like Nukes
People that like to throw faaaaar

I'm thinking the radio silence is probably because of lack of market penetration, at least thats my theory. Just be warned it is a very wide rimmed driver, it does have a dome, and the edges are quite sharp. Almost every time I throw this disc It's a perfect, slow, minimal hyzer flip that just GOES. I'm a pretty typical 400-425ft thrower with most wide rimmed drivers but I swear if I duplicated a 425' throw with the Legenda in my hand instead of whatever disc I threw, I would gain an extra 25'.

I'd be curious to hear what the big guns would have to say after a couple dozen tosses with them.

Zj, I know you're reading this. Go get one from the shop and chuck it. I'd wager it flies for you like a champ siderwinder does for me (i.e. understable but AWESOME)
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby turso » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Depends really what you like about the Nuke, especially when comparing ESP nuke and legenda, since the rim thickness difference between those is vast as nuke is above average and legenda below.

I do like the premium legenda flight path a lot though, very straight and easy distance. Won't get the spot of my distance disc though since blizboz took over that spot.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: My first putter

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby jubuttib » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 pm

turso wrote:Depends really what you like about the Nuke, especially when comparing ESP nuke and legenda, since the rim thickness difference between those is vast as nuke is above average and legenda below.

I do like the premium legenda flight path a lot though, very straight and easy distance. Won't get the spot of my distance disc though since blizboz took over that spot.
Do you mean that the LEGENDa has a thinner profile (shallow grip) and the Nuke has a thicker profile (deep grip)? That's true for the ESP, but the Z Nuke is right about the same as the LEGENDa.

I haven't really gotten a chance to throw the production Premium LEGENDa, but I loved my modified proto and from the little I've seen and tried the production model flies about the same, except with even more glide. I have stacks of DD2's to go through before I can really consider a switch, but it really seems imminent...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5415
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 pm

we don't get prodiscus. or else I would have already thrown it
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 pm

zj1002 wrote:we don't get prodiscus. or else I would have already thrown it


That's what I figured.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby turso » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 pm

jubuttib wrote:
turso wrote:Depends really what you like about the Nuke, especially when comparing ESP nuke and legenda, since the rim thickness difference between those is vast as nuke is above average and legenda below.

I do like the premium legenda flight path a lot though, very straight and easy distance. Won't get the spot of my distance disc though since blizboz took over that spot.
Do you mean that the LEGENDa has a thinner profile (shallow grip) and the Nuke has a thicker profile (deep grip)? That's true for the ESP, but the Z Nuke is right about the same as the LEGENDa.

I haven't really gotten a chance to throw the production Premium LEGENDa, but I loved my modified proto and from the little I've seen and tried the production model flies about the same, except with even more glide. I have stacks of DD2's to go through before I can really consider a switch, but it really seems imminent...


Yeah, that's the reason I specified the ESP, you dweeb.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: My first putter

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm

I like these more than my Flows... :shock:
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby turso » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Only thing I disliked about them is the shallow grip, dunno if I can get used to it. Flows are more of a control distance to me anyhow and Legenda would be max distance, and I think I'm liking sword over the flow, just don't have enough cash or actual interest to do the swap, they're not different enough for my poor cash flow :P
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: My first putter

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 pm

turso wrote:Only thing I disliked about them is the shallow grip, dunno if I can get used to it. Flows are more of a control distance to me anyhow and Legenda would be max distance, and I think I'm liking sword over the flow, just don't have enough cash or actual interest to do the swap, they're not different enough for my poor cash flow :P


You must freaking hate the Halo then.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby Varsi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm

I've been trying to promote the premium Legenda in the Prodiscus thread a bit. :)

Mine has been quite interesting thing to throw. I seem to max out at under 400 feet and can't turn my Legenda at all. It did turn in moderate headwinds but was still easy to control. Even tho I can't turn it, it does like staying at the angle I put it in. Throw it flat and it will fly straight until losing speed and then like any wide rimmed disc it will fade hard.
Had some comical skips during the winter when the snow was strong enough to walk on. Hit the right side of the fairway with a low straight drive and after the disc hit the ground it suddenly skipped left and just went around 100 feet to the OB on the other side.

I met some people who throw closer to 500feet and they said Legenda felt too understable for them. No idea how different Legendas there are out there or if they just start turning too much after you throw them fast enough.
Varsi
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 am
Location: Savonlinna, Finland
Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby turso » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
turso wrote:Only thing I disliked about them is the shallow grip, dunno if I can get used to it. Flows are more of a control distance to me anyhow and Legenda would be max distance, and I think I'm liking sword over the flow, just don't have enough cash or actual interest to do the swap, they're not different enough for my poor cash flow :P


You must freaking hate the Halo then.


Legenda and halo have the same rim depth, didn't say I hated legenda did I :)
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: My first putter

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby eky8 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 pm

I haven't thrown mine enough yet to truly give an honest opinion about it. The baskets at my home course have been in the short position all winter. And I have no need for that much distance when they are short. They just moved the baskets to the long position and I cracked a rib. So I haven't been throwing. The few throws I had were very promising. I am really looking forward to spending some time with them.
eky8
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:16 am
Location: Clearfield UT
Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Varsi wrote:I met some people who throw closer to 500feet and they said Legenda felt too understable for them. No idea how different Legendas there are out there or if they just start turning too much after you throw them fast enough.


This is what I suspect too. For me, where I'm at in power, it flies perfect. For someone throwing a Teebird or I guess a Destroyer 500'? I could totally see them calling it flippy.

Although take my words with a grain of salt because I actually LIKE to throw discs that lean to the understable side of the spectrum that don't fade hard (like sidewinders) because they turn over and tend to stay that way for a long time. On both of my 450' throws with them tonight, they both started out hyzer and ended up flying on a slight anny line for about 65-70% of the toss, then they started very slowly fading out. This really didn't require much left to right room either.

I knew something was up when I bought my first one on a whim at Marshall St, proceeded to play a round with Mr. Hoey, and decided to give it a "what they heck" shot on the long hole at Pyramids. It crushed. This was back in November/December? and i've been throwing it since then, putting it through the paces. It has not let me down once, yet.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Here, allow me to help y'all out:

Image

It's ok, click it. It doesn't bite.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: I am Legend(a)

Postby turso » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Sometimes when one throws it a bit too hard, it turns over and just goes and goes, and doesn't come back :(

This is with a somewhat beat one.

But I do agree that I'd rather throw this than Flow, but I rather throw bubbly bosses than this!
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: My first putter

Next

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests