How to make your innova skillshot into a gateway bullseye

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

How to make your innova skillshot into a gateway bullseye

Postby phatbeater » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Hey guys. This involves nothing but adding a simple string, shoe lace or belt to your innova skillshot to make it as effective as a gateway bullseye. Take whichever of these you'd like to use and simple run it through the fourth chain from the top on each chain. If you look every other chain link will be longer and the ones in between are shorter (or shorter/longer depends on how you look at it) this wont matter just run it through the fourth on each one and tie it however tight you'd like (if you choose not to do that then it'll be your choice but honestly I don't think it will change much). If you tie the knot in a standard "shoe" knot it will make it easier to adjust how narrow you can make your chains according to your skill level/practice/or choice just by untying the knot and letting out some slack and retying. Here are a few picks to demonstrate what I am talking about.

If you get it right it will look like a basketball net. Does it look "ghetto", "Jimmy rigged", or a tad "bush league" yes. Does it look as cool as the gateway? No. Does this less than a dollar or two fix work really similar and cost you over a $100 less? Yes. And the best part is that you can make it back into a full size basket just by taking off the string. I'm sure there will be a few haters since it doesn't involve a "true" mod but hey it works. If this works for you I'm stoked, if you have any revises you'd like to add or share please comment. I hope that everyone who has a skillshot can benefit from this. Thanks guys.
Driver: 175g z stalker, 2x174g surge, 174g z predator, 174g flx Avenger SS, 174g esp pulse, 174g z force
Mid-range: 178g FLX, Z, TI buzzz, 177g z wasp, 177 flx drone, 177g meteor
Putter: 175g flx challenger, 2x175g softapx, 2x175 pro-d challenger
phatbeater
Noob

Favorite Disc: Discraft buzzz

Re: How to make your innova skillshot into a gateway bullsey

Postby victorb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:15 pm

phatbeater wrote:Does it look as cool as the gateway? No. Does this less than a dollar or two fix work really similar and cost you over a $100 less? Yes.

How much does that basket cost? I bought my bullseye for $170, so maybe I got a super sweet deal.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby phatbeater » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah i think you got a sweet deal. The cheapest one. I have seen was like 219. The skillshot is around 110-120.
Driver: 175g z stalker, 2x174g surge, 174g z predator, 174g flx Avenger SS, 174g esp pulse, 174g z force
phatbeater
Noob

Postby Steve » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 am

I did something similar with my $70 instep basket and some zip ties. No need to spend $120 on a skillshot and still not have a metal basket.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby phatbeater » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Thats cool Steve. I thought about getting one but def. wanted a more portable basket. But I understand. Just figured I would let the other peeps out there who havent thought about doing something like that. Zip ties...nice didnt think about that. I may have to try that.
phatbeater
Noob

Postby Spinthrift » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Steve wrote:I did something similar with my $70 instep basket and some zip ties. No need to spend $120 on a skillshot and still not have a metal basket.

I zip-tied up the first two links on my Instep to make it closer to regulation, then when I want a skillshot-type profile I weave a length of cord through the links and cinch it up as you did. Works great.
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby Leopard » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:33 am

Collapse the top ..... now it's a Bullseye
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby JHern » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:51 pm

I think this isn't just limited to the Innova Skillshot, I'm getting it to work with a Mach Lite, also.

In fact, it might be better than the Bullseye, which doesn't seem to have a top...and trying to avoid hitting the top of the basket seems to be a major part of making good putts, which might be overlooked by the Bullseye design.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Equipment