Suggested Blizzard Discs?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Suggested Blizzard Discs?

Postby chunk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 am

fwiw i dropped all the blizzard plastic from my bag. i tried the wraith, boss and was digging the destroyer, but was getting inconsistent results. often it was releasing way right (rhbh). i replaced it was a 166g pro destroyer and all is good in the world.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby PMantle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 am

chunk wrote:fwiw i dropped all the blizzard plastic from my bag. i tried the wraith, boss and was digging the destroyer, but was getting inconsistent results. often it was releasing way right (rhbh). i replaced it was a 166g pro destroyer and all is good in the world.

I sure do love me a Pro Destroyer. Love the Wal-Mart price too. They just change really fast.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 am

Yes they do and the standard solution is to let the Pro take the flippy distance driver slot for annies and s-curves that start out as hyzers and Stars for longevity in the overstable role and s-curves that start out as annies. Weight for weight broken in to flippy Pro Destros are the longest Destros and considerably longer than the Stars and new Pro Destros.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am

Between the Blizz, Scorpius and Pro, I now have 3 ITB. I suppose next more is a Star for the overstable role. I need more time with the 3 above to figure out exactly where they fall. I know the Blizz is the longest down wind, and the Scorpius is best with some head wind. Overall, they are pretty similar right now. I'm sure the pro will continue along the road to flippy as I move forward. I am just relieved that I finally found what appears to be the longest mold for me at this point in my throwing.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Previous

Return to Equipment