Flight Chart Update part 1

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Blake_T » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 am

got rained out while throwing today.

got about half of the new additions done. these aren't finalized yet. we had some odd wind, if you think any of these are drastically off feel free to disagree and we'll give em some more tries. a handful of the discs were super inconsistent from run to run.

RNG/HSS/LSS/PWR

Anode 2/-1/1/1
Clutch 2/0/1.5/1
Clozer 2/0/2/1
Mercy 2/0/2/1 (LSS was probably more like 2.2)

Ghost 3/0/3/2 (almost went HSS +0.5, LSS +2.5 and PWR 3)
King Cobra 3/-1/2.5/2
Lycan 3/-0.5/1.5/1
Super Stingray 3/-0.5/2/2
Warship 3.5/-1/1.5/1

the biggest surprise was how stable the super stingray. these discs still had factory flashing but when i told dan to flip em over because i wanted to see how much they would turn at super high power they just went 425' while barely turning at all. the king cobra was the most inconsistent from this batch... the 171g we had was really stable, the 180g was super flippy. the rating we gave it was an average.

the two lycans we had differed slightly, but not enough to swing it more than 0.5 in any value. dan had one throw that went about 385' that turned 2' left to right and faded back about 3' to finish 1' left of center.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: Flight Chart Update part 1

Postby Blake_T » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 am

Also, the next chart update will have the blizzard discs rated separately.

I don't have my sheet here so this is off memory:

Wraith 5.5/-1.5/3/4
Katana 5.5/-2/3/4
Destroyer 5.5/-1/3.5/5
Boss 5.5/-2/3/5 (it shocked me that this got so much flippier while the destroyer stayed the same but with a lower pwr)
Roadrunner 5/-2/+1/2
Ape 5/0/4/5

I don't remember what i wrote down for the teedevil. the krait, dd2, etc. got cut short due to rain.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby money 21 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:33 am

good luck with the ratings on the bliz disc talk about inconsistant from disc to disc. I agree on the super stingray even as the flash weres off it doesn't turn like a stingray.
Last edited by money 21 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 am

Blake_T wrote:Boss 5.5/-2/3/5 (it shocked me that this got so much flippier while the destroyer stayed the same but with a lower pwr)
I'm shocked you found ones like that too. The majority of the Blizzard Bosses I've seen have been very close to the Champ and dyed Champ Bosses I've tried. It's actually been harder to find a Blizzard Destroyer that doesn't like to turn than a Blizzard Boss.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby bcr123psu » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 am

Hypothetically speaking, shouldn't the ratings for blizzard be the same as the ratings for champion? Or is it a function of having the rim weight to total disc weight ratio decreased for the blizzard that would have a marked difference in flight characteristics when compared to its champ counterpart?
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby keltik » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm gonna put on my tinfoil conspiracy hat and say that for the Super Stingray, Innova just copied the C-MD2.

I agree with your choice to rate the Blizzard discs separately.

I concur with your Mercy ratings.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:28 pm

bcr123psu wrote:Hypothetically speaking, shouldn't the ratings for blizzard be the same as the ratings for champion? Or is it a function of having the rim weight to total disc weight ratio decreased for the blizzard that would have a marked difference in flight characteristics when compared to its champ counterpart?
It's a function of the discs not molding up with the exact same shape in different plastics and weights, mostly. The weight distribution affects it a bit, but it's not really all that drastic, as JHern often explains. The Blizzard gets the light discs much closer to the shape of the normal runs than any plastic before it though, the PLH can be almost identical between a 175 Champ Boss and a 139 Blizzard Boss, and the stability likewise.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 pm

keltik wrote:I'm gonna put on my tinfoil conspiracy hat and say that for the Super Stingray, Innova just copied the C-MD2.

Wouldn't that be nice.

But I don't think it's the case. It's not an exact copy, but it does come sneakily close.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby money 21 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
keltik wrote:I'm gonna put on my tinfoil conspiracy hat and say that for the Super Stingray, Innova just copied the C-MD2.

Wouldn't that be nice.

But I don't think it's the case. It's not an exact copy, but it does come sneakily close.

I don't care what they copied they made a damn fine mid.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Is the top any different between the MD2 and the Super Stingray? The Stingray switched to the same wing some time ago already.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby inthedrift » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:52 pm

I may be giving the Mercy a run after all
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Mercy is dead on, the others... eh i'm not sure I'm totally on board with ya
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Varsi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 am

jubuttib wrote:Is the top any different between the MD2 and the Super Stingray? The Stingray switched to the same wing some time ago already.

Top is different. Lower shoulder or something.

//Edit

The C-MD2 (on right) I have is quite domey tho. Don't know how it compares to flat ones.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby jubuttib » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 am

Dome shouldn't really affect shoulder height. But yeah, looks like the Stingray has a much sleeker top. I wonder how it behaves in a harsh headwind.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby keltik » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 am

I had surmised from my studies here and fondling in store is that the MD2 has the stingray wing and a new top and a spacer. from the photos above it appears that they just took the old stingray mold and added the spacer from the MD2. I could be wrong and usually am.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Next

Return to Equipment