Vibram Obex

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Vibram Obex

Postby Ryan C » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Obex. I've seen them discussed shockingly little, but they have impressed me in a big way. I've always been a Buzzz thrower, but have dabbled in most straightish mids out there, and none have really done what the Obex does. They have a strong late fade, hold a beautiful hyzer, and do long sweeping anhyzers before flexing out. They also have great glide. I'd say they fly similar to a brand new KC Roc, but come in indestructible material. The point is, if anyone is looking to try a new mid, maybe give the Obex a go. They are worth it. In my experience the mediums are a little more overstable than the firms.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Vibram Obex

Postby JR » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 pm

I have yet to thrown my firm in perfectly calm and big winds but in mild to moderate winds mine didn't even fade that hard. More like a KC Roc fade and similar distance to one too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment