Looking for a stable distance driver to put in my bag

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Looking for a stable distance driver to put in my bag

Postby JR » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am

Flows vary in shape and flight path a lot. Domier ones are more HSS not flipping as much and there is PLH variation among those so the outside edge should be non drooping for a Flow that shouldn't flip in a headwind at 350' power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:41 am

JR yeah, If you remember mine was definitly HSS new. Now after deflashing some tuning and some breaking in its lost some. For me the Flow Opto broken in (I think its 168) turns only 5 feet no wind and will fade same amount. Its my most controllable driver because of how straight it is. Too bad the color kind of sucks, its sort of a darker brownish orange, dang near same color as the fall leaves. Its a fantastic disc though.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby JR » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 am

Beasts and at least GL Rivers fade less than the Flows. Including the less fading flatter GL Flows. Straight S TDs fade less too like Z Surge SSs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment