Longest disc

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Longest disc

Postby jubuttib » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Probably had my longest throw with either a Slayer (while testing it for a review) or a LEGENDa.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Longest disc

Postby cmroorda » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Hands down the nuke is the longest disc I've ever thrown. Broke in esp or elite x for max distance and z for stable distance.
The 3-R's of improvement: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!
cmroorda
Noob
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 pm
Favorite Disc: Z Comet

Re: Longest disc

Postby PMantle » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 am

cmroorda wrote:Hands down the nuke is the longest disc I've ever thrown. Broke in esp or elite x for max distance and z for stable distance.

Does the X start out less overstable? Been thinking of getting one just to mess around with and to throw next to my other distance discs just to compare.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Longest disc

Postby JR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 am

IDK if mine is representative of the rest because in other plastics Nukes are worlds apart in flight with minor shape changes. The one i have is domier than other Nukes and with a low PLH making it flip more than ESP and Z Nukes but fade harder than either. Around FR ESP Nuke fade but memory fails if it is even harder fading. I don't use mine because i prefer other kind of Nukes and Bliz Quasars and Bosses more.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11439
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Longest disc

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 am

JR wrote:IDK if mine is representative of the rest
At times it seems that no disc you've ever thrown is representative of anything. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Longest disc

Postby discmonkey42 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:27 pm

cmroorda wrote:Hands down the nuke is the longest disc I've ever thrown. Broke in esp or elite x for max distance and z for stable distance.


I can't figure out how anyone actually throws these consistently. I'm 6'6" with big hands and I can't get a consistent release on discs with this rim width at all. Not to mention that even on the best pulls, the amount of potential snap I get goes up in direct relation to the size of the rim going down. Right now, the D1, D4, and the Trespass are all about as large as I'd care to regularly throw and they are still pushing being too wide for my taste (just got a trespass for placing at a tournament yesterday and already looking like this will kick the Prodigys out of the bag for the distance slot).
42
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:44 am
Location: In my own way
Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: Longest disc

Postby PMantle » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Champion Tern is turning out to be every bit as long as my Blizz Destro, but more predictable.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Longest disc

Postby JR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 am

jubuttib wrote:
JR wrote:IDK if mine is representative of the rest
At times it seems that no disc you've ever thrown is representative of anything. =)


There are some pretty consistent molds luckily that are representative of the vast majority of their brethren and OTOH others have variations between discs in the same molds i do. It sucks that discs don't always stay the same from one year to the next mostly but i vastly prefer the latest version of the Beast to earlier ones and all the ones i've gotten from 2010 onwards have been alike and great.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11439
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Longest disc

Postby cmroorda » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:56 am

Imo, the elite x nuke is slighty less stable out of the box. Fade at the end of the flight is the same as the esp. I personally prefer the esp for golf distance as its more controllable. The elite x gets a bit squirly as it beats up, but it is the longest disc in my bag when I have room. The esp is a close 2nd.
The 3-R's of improvement: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!
cmroorda
Noob
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 pm
Favorite Disc: Z Comet

Re: Longest disc

Postby PMantle » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:10 am

Buy 2 get 1 free at Hastings. Will have to look at Nukes after church
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Longest disc

Postby Druid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 am

JR wrote:IDK if mine is representative of the rest because in other plastics Nukes are worlds apart in flight with minor shape changes. The one i have is domier than other Nukes and with a low PLH making it flip more than ESP and Z Nukes but fade harder than either. Around FR ESP Nuke fade but memory fails if it is even harder fading. I don't use mine because i prefer other kind of Nukes and Bliz Quasars and Bosses more.


I had an X Nuke that was just like you described, (lots of dome, low PLH) but it had less fade than the ESP or Z I have. I ended up using it for rollers after a few collisions with rocks made it super-flippy. It was a pretty darn long disc though.

Lately, I've been liking a 171g DD2 for max D. My 172g GL Sword deserves honourable mention as well, since it is the longest disc with a smallish rim that I've ever thrown. Much easier to control as well.
Dart/Roc3/Whippet/Firebird/Leopard/Roadrunner/Teebird/Destroyer/DD2/Ape
Druid
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 am
Location: Toronto
Favorite Disc: DD2

Re: Longest disc

Postby PMantle » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I ended up getting an X Nuke. It's long. May be even longer than my Tern and blizz destro but seems to go about it differently. The Tern just glides and glides. The Nuke gets where it's going fast, but does not glide as well. So, when I nail everything it's super long. I don't have to get it perfect with the Tern or Destroyer.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Longest disc

Postby zeike524 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Escape is the fastest longest disc i have thrown
zeike524
Noob
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Longest disc

Postby JR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Druid wrote:
JR wrote:IDK if mine is representative of the rest because in other plastics Nukes are worlds apart in flight with minor shape changes. The one i have is domier than other Nukes and with a low PLH making it flip more than ESP and Z Nukes but fade harder than either. Around FR ESP Nuke fade but memory fails if it is even harder fading. I don't use mine because i prefer other kind of Nukes and Bliz Quasars and Bosses more.


I had an X Nuke that was just like you described, (lots of dome, low PLH) but it had less fade than the ESP or Z I have. I ended up using it for rollers after a few collisions with rocks made it super-flippy. It was a pretty darn long disc though.

Lately, I've been liking a 171g DD2 for max D. My 172g GL Sword deserves honourable mention as well, since it is the longest disc with a smallish rim that I've ever thrown. Much easier to control as well.


My FR Nuke was more LSS than Z Nukes. I have not broken in that X so it might become less LSS as the outer edge bends down or not. For a flippy max D disc that could be an interesting behavior if the LSS became less. I've gained a little more D so the disc might behave less LSS at full power now so i should test it out to see what it does now. Earlier it was distance limited for me because of the too early and hard fade. The dome might slow it down a little early in calm conditions but in a headwind it goes nowhere.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11439
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Longest disc

Postby money 21 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 pm

I have been crushing bliz krait lately. reaching out over 400' a couple time which hasn't happen much in the last couple years.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:18 pm
Favorite Disc: Z XS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests