Ask For DG Christmas Gift Advice -thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask For DG Christmas Gift Advice -thread

Postby JR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 am

Karhumies wrote:
JR wrote:I can't think of any mids that float. Or ones that FH well on top of that. Hydra is ok at shorter throws but it takes a big arm to get it far enough so it won't work either. It is a putter/mid hybrid.

According to Lightning's own description, #3 Hyzer is "a midrange driver ... radically overstable ... floats in water". I tried to Google what the rim is like (round vs sharp edge), but did not find any pictures. Got no idea how well it can be thrown from forehand, or how long it takes for the Lightning standard plastic to lose its overstability, either.

Anyhow, #2 Driver has just arrived at my local post office. Will try it out during the weekend.

That's me not caring about Lightning other than for their bags because their plastic gets destroyed way too soon unless you manage to land in a thick layer of snow to slow it down gently each time. Grass seems to be too hard for them for longevity.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment