Dynamic Discs line of discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dynamic Discs line of discs

Postby zeike524 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:42 am

Never thrown a PD but the escape is very shapeable and i throw mine about 450' with a very very slight hyzer release and it flips up and flies straight with maybe a slight right then finishes left everytime. Powered down for shorter throws it flies very similar to the teebirds i used to throw.
zeike524
Noob

Postby limonsock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Classic Judge! This thing is awesome! Instantly kicked out wizards. Judge is the most similar disc to an ultrastar of anything i've every thrown.
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Postby JR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Have you thrown an Aero or an APX? Those are pretty lid like if you don't count lids in. Polecats are sorta in between but there are true lids like Whitler and Rattler out there.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:34 pm

limonsock wrote:Classic Judge! This thing is awesome! Instantly kicked out wizards. Judge is the most similar disc to an ultrastar of anything i've every thrown.

Did you try the large diameter lid esp ace race zeppelin? Of course you could just throw an Ultrastar since they are PDGA approved.

BTW, I dropped Ions for the classic hard judge and now I'm making more putts. Half the putts that would normally spin out on the left side of the basket are staying in :mrgreen: Also, I don't have to spin/snap the judge as hard as the ion to hold a line so my blow by distance has decreased when I do airball.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 pm

I haven't thrown the hard but my soft Judge glides less than the Ion. That reduces the blow bys too. Banger GT is not fussy about snapping in the putts but OTOH i have not seen terrible sensitivity to it in the Ion within 25' either and the Anode is different based on the plastics. Some require more snap than some Ions made after the first runs and others less. Because some Anodes fade more and some fade less.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby PMantle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 am

My judges do this thing I can't describe well more than any other approach disc I've ever used. Land, hop, then huge roll left.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:44 am

The soft Judge is not that picky and stops much better but unfortunately the material changes soon with drives around hard objects like rocky landings.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby zeike524 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 am

The fuzion judge holds up pretty well.
zeike524
Noob

Postby limonsock » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:23 pm

I love the Classic Judge, but it bounces out of the basket more than any other putter I have thrown. I feel that this may be due to the stiffness... Does the soft judge happen to stay in the basket any better than the classic? I want to stick with the judge because, despite the bounce outs, I can throw it more accurately than anything Ive thrown previously.
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Postby PMantle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I like the soft better for putting. Classic better for approaches. No matter what Mark says :D
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby limonsock » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:49 pm

PMantle wrote:I like the soft better for putting. Classic better for approaches. No matter what Mark says :D

Do the softs and the classics fly very similarly then? Im really hoping for essentially the exact same flight patterns with less bounce outs.
limonsock
Noob

Postby PMantle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:34 pm

limonsock wrote:
PMantle wrote:I like the soft better for putting. Classic better for approaches. No matter what Mark says :D

Do the softs and the classics fly very similarly then? Im really hoping for essentially the exact same flight patterns with less bounce outs.

I think they do.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zeike524 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 am

They fly the same as far as putting goes but the soft may be a hair more OS driving with it. From 100' in which should cover most o what you are trying to accomplish they should fly damn near the same.
zeike524
Noob

Postby keltik » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:51 am

I guess I've had different experiences with the Judge. The first run soft I have flies more like the Ace Race Pro-D Focuses from way back. Kinda flippy for a big bead putter. I just recently got an "EMac" stamped classic hard Judge and it flies more like its shape suggests, straight with a good fade at the end. I did experience a few "bounce backs" in the basket with the firm one. I'm also a notoriously poor putter so take that anecdotal evidence with as many sacks of salt as you can carry.

I love the feel of the firm classic material. Can anyone confirm that Classic firm and Zero Hard are the same material?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Granted i have not putted a lot with my soft judge but i saw no unusual behavior. Disc boubce out at times. And i am not the hardest slamming putter.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment