Crunch box stiffener

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Crunch box stiffener

Postby south.texas.dead.i » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm

I got a fade crunch box and its annoying how the bag kind of collapses in whenever I'm carrying it, is there something that I can put in the main compartment that will keep the bag rigid and discs upright? Thanks
south.texas.dead.i
Noob

Re: Crunch box stiffener

Postby iacas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 am

south.texas.dead.i wrote:I got a fade crunch box and its annoying how the bag kind of collapses in whenever I'm carrying it, is there something that I can put in the main compartment that will keep the bag rigid and discs upright? Thanks

I have one and can't say I've seen the same thing happening, but you could build a small frame out of PVC pipe or, perhaps better (as even 1/2" PVC would take up a good bit of room in a Crunch Box), build a frame out of some small wooden dowel rods or something. Or that plastic "cardboard" material. Or something like that.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby keltik » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:14 am

Yeah my crunchbox doesn't collapse. I think the newer ones are flimsier. Mine is a few years old and it is holding up nicely. but yeah small pvc pipe could be a good solution. search on DGCR, they have many bag mod threads.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby chainsmoker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am

Like Iacas said there is a product that I think is named cloroplast, it looks like a piece of cardboard but it's made out of plastic. If you cut a piece and lay it in the bottom of the bag so the flutes run from side to side it will make it so the bottom of the bag won't bend in the middle. If you go to a store to look for it you can usually find blank pieces in the section that sells signs.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:00 pm

That sucks to hear. I have one of the older ones and mine has never collapsed on me. Mine has been a great little bag.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Return to Equipment