Eagle-L alternatives?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Eagle-L alternatives?

Postby chunk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 am

dgdave wrote:Patriot

dave - i'm really interested in trying the patriot. hit me up when you get some in stock.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby JHern » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am

Patriot is nice. ESP Cyclone is also awesome if you want something with insane glide and a bit more stability.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 am

Unless it is one of the Banshee like overstable bricks. Like mine is. Pure beef little glide. I'd like to throw an ESP Cyclone like you describe to see the flight path and the shape so that if i like i can identify one in a store. As it is i can only identify a not so great Cyclone. This disc is still a miss and miss disc for me with the TPs being way too flippy when new and the ESP being the exact opposite. No other mold i've tried has had such variances and i have sucky luck in having the extreme variations and not the normal ones. Bummer. Having been burned twice i'm not about to buy another not knowing what kind of shape it should be to fly like normal. Meh.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby tjh0188 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:17 pm

They're still out there for now, problem is they are going away. Had someone from Innova East confirm that they seem to be trying to move all Eagles over to the X mold.

So if you use them and want backups, get them while you can...

If you're looking to add it to your bag, I won't be cause if I don't want to be stuck trying to find OOP discs...
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby slowarm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 am

No, no. I lost my dear Eagle-L and I don't want to get a new one 'cause it's OOP.

I got an easy solution as a friend of mine sold me two beat up Eagle-Xs. And just yesterday the postman delivered me a brand new Prodiscus Laseri, that feels great. The rim is a bit wider than Eagle's, but not much. Only tossed three times with it in a supermarket parking lot, but so far so (very) good.

Next time I order discs, I'll give the Cyclone a try
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Previous

Return to Equipment