DMI Sports

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DMI Sports

Postby Varsi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:44 am

Noticed three new discs in PDGA approved list yesterday.
DMI Sports Assault, Sabotage and Vendetta. From numbers they all seem like low profile putters. Sabotage has the widest rim 1,2cm (same as Dart) and others 1,1cm.

Anyone know anything about these?

//edit
Actually their height is higher than Jokeri but rim depth is less. I guess they'll be somewhat domey (similar to Dart maybe).
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Re: DMI Sports

Postby JHern » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 am

Unfortunately, some of us live in parts of the world where nobody has ever seen a Jokeri (nor any other discs from Kai Vesa), our more familiar frame of reference for thin profile putters would be like the Clutch (thin Magnet) or Clozer (thin BB-Aviar).

Anyone know more about DMI Sports? Where they are? Who they are? Plastic supply?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 am

I'm waiting for their marketing blurbs so I can post their info announcement on PDGA.com.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mf100forever » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:53 pm

(disc-) gracefully yours, PDGA# 3418
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/english/index.aspx
mf100forever
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MF100

Postby Stringbean » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Here is a marketing blurb... The the Best Brand Names in Indoor GamesTM is taking it outdoors! Today, DMI Sports has announced the release of three Putt & Approach discs as we enter the disc golf market. Find out more at... {Insert Website Here}.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby bcr123psu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 am

Varsi wrote:Actually their height is higher than Jokeri but rim depth is less. I guess they'll be somewhat domey (similar to Dart maybe).

Considering DMI's focus on so many other areas of sports, I would be inclined to think that these are going to be just as crappy as the EMSCO Sports Products (ESP) discs that were put out last year. All three ESP molds had a shallow rim, were domey as hell, warped, and made out of pretty shitty plastic. To the best of my knowledge, the ESP discs never made it to any retailers. Other than myself and the PDGA, I don't know of anyone else that even has a set.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby Varsi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 am

bcr123psu wrote:
Varsi wrote:Actually their height is higher than Jokeri but rim depth is less. I guess they'll be somewhat domey (similar to Dart maybe).

Considering DMI's focus on so many other areas of sports, I would be inclined to think that these are going to be just as crappy as the EMSCO Sports Products (ESP) discs that were put out last year. All three ESP molds had a shallow rim, were domey as hell, warped, and made out of pretty shitty plastic. To the best of my knowledge, the ESP discs never made it to any retailers. Other than myself and the PDGA, I don't know of anyone else that even has a set.

That's something I was expecting when I first noticed what sort of a company DMI Sports is. It's still interesting to see something new come out.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Return to Equipment