Buying discs off ebay

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Buying discs off ebay

Postby funzy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 am

I've bought several discs off ebay that have ink on them. I'm wondering if this is an acceptable way to get new discs to throw as someone else's ink is already on them. Also, is there a way to get ink off the disc? Or is this too much of a taboo subject? thanks,
funzy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Boss

Re: Buying discs off ebay

Postby Varsi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 am

funzy wrote:I've bought several discs off ebay that have ink on them. I'm wondering if this is an acceptable way to get new discs to throw as someone else's ink is already on them. Also, is there a way to get ink off the disc? Or is this too much of a taboo subject? thanks,

It may come off from some base plastics somewhat easily but all sorts of markers tend to sink in to the premium plastics and won't come off no matter what.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby discpunk26 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 am

acetone and alcohol can remove marker depending on the brand used, and the length of time the marker has been on the disc.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby aerodriver » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 pm

All the discs I've bought off eBay have had their fair share of ink. Not sure what drives people to write on the entire back of the disc with their information, but regardless I trust the sellers that the discs are of the "lost and never bothered to be found" variety, especially in lot auctions where you're getting discs with ink from many different people.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Return to Equipment