Re: Innova Tern

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:42 am

Tern a good headwind driver?

PMantle's hole gets deeper...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 am

PMantle wrote:Another supposedly overstable one from the Tri companies that is more understable than Champ Terns.....
Sorcerer. Bought it to be a driver for head winds that my heavier champ Tern can not handle. Nope, turns with ease. Good disc though. Like a every so slightly longer Renegade. I think it's time that Lat/West either revamped their numbers or came out with an explanation of what they mean. They are obviously different than Innova's.

Interesting...only you and one other poster considers the Sorcerer flippy understable, out of 8 pages on DGCR. And he admits he must have gotten a couple freak Sorcerers. He also claims he has OAT, but not too bad. LOL.

Read the reviews...everybody liking the Sorcerer, straight with minimal turn(maybe -1), always hooks up in the end. But PMantle and the other torque monkey can't keep it in the air? A speed 13 Driver rated at 0, 2?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:05 am

I don't consider it flippy. You should choose your words more wisely. It's just more understable than the meathook(you're gonna love that one) Champion Tern. Not only that, you're wrong about what you claim to have read. Many saying it has more turn than advertised. Can't keep in air? :lol: never said that.

BTW, I have the cleanest release in the history of disc golf. I can keep anything in the air except for my beat Unlace. Now that's a flippy driver.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 am

PMantle wrote:I don't consider it flippy. You should choose your words more wisely. It's just more understable than the meathook(you're gonna love that one) Champion Tern. Not only that, you're wrong about what you claim to have read. Many saying it has more turn than advertised. Can't keep in air? :lol: never said that.

BTW, I have the cleanest release in the history of disc golf. I can keep anything in the air except for my beat Unlace. Now that's a flippy driver.

Yes, more turn than advertised, -1. That's not flippy understable, and it's less turn than ANY Tern.

Everybody knows the Tern isn't -4,2, except maybe lighter Stars. Yet you keep claiming it's more stable than a bunch of drivers that are rated more overstable than the Tern, and clearly are.

You love your Terns, said you have a crush for OS duty...so why do you keep buying every new driver that comes out? And then proceed to trash it on DG boards when compared to the Tern? This is the "misinformation" I'm talking about and it's a disservice to others. Knock it off already.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:10 am

PMantle: I'm shutting this discussion down from my end as of now.

GL with your Terns.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:49 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
Everybody knows the Tern isn't -4,2, except maybe lighter Stars. Yet you keep claiming it's more stable than a bunch of drivers that are rated more overstable than the Tern, and clearly are.

You love your Terns, said you have a crush for OS duty...so why do you keep buying every new driver that comes out? And then proceed to trash it on DG boards when compared to the Tern? This is the "misinformation" I'm talking about and it's a disservice to others. Knock it off already.

None of the above is even close to true other than I do carry those discs. I'll say it one more time. You can't talk about stability of a "Tern". It's not one disc. The Star is faily understable. Pretty true to the -4 2 numbers. Most people agree on that. The Champion is not understable. It's not -2 2 as labled. Remember, the champ was never listed as -4 2. pretty much everyone but you says it's more stable than expected. The GStar? Not totally sure on it yet, but for now it's in between as advertised.

I buy discs because I like to.

This is the second time you've claimed that I have trashed a driver. I have not done that, and if you can't see it, then I can't help you. There has been no misinformation provided in these threads other than the outright lies you have said about me and my words. Search "way" and my handle. I never said any dfisc was way understable. I said Renegades(all) are more understable than Champion Terns. That's it-end of discussion. I apologize if my communication skills do not mess with a high functioning retard like yourself. :lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby PMantle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Just posted by another somewhere else:

The sorcerer is much less stable than the numbers in VIP as well. Id say closer to a -2, 2.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

PMantle wrote:Just posted by another somewhere else:

The sorcerer is much less stable than the numbers in VIP as well. Id say closer to a -2, 2.

Look at the reviews for the Sorcerer on "InfiniteDiscs". Outside of 1 guy, they're all saying Sorcerer is straight with fade.

As to your other comments, all I can say is Wow! Breakdown in your arguments results in name calling, several times. Congrats!

And yes, you did describe the Renegade as way more understable than the champ Tern. Here's a direct quote from page 8 of this thread:

PMantle: "My Renegades are way more understable than my Champ Terns."

The more you go on, the less sense you make here.

Adios!
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:40 pm

PMantle wrote:Just posted by another somewhere else:

Just posted by another "somewhere else"? Gee, really? Let me guess, your own fabricated quote.

Stop it now PMantle, and go take a nap or something.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:12 pm

I get sick for a few days and this happens in the Tern thread.

Do you guys need a timeout? :lol: "joking of course"
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Yes. But it's hard to resist when that nutter keeps insisting the champ Tern is a stable brute of a driver...at < 300 ft? :wink:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm a bit of a Tern Fan so I purchased,well ordered another Champion Tern. I wanted to get another 167 for when my other gets a bit beat so I could just phase it out or use it for something else.Well here is the funny thing,I may be kicking out my 175 Champion Tern instead. This new one has a higher PLH than both of my other Champion Terns. It's a thing of beauty(orange of course) and it feels so much better in the hand than the other two.

Since the PLH is higher this new Tern will(should) fly more stable than my heavy 175 Tern.I'm down with a more stable Tern. I've got 3 holes here at the local courses and this monster downhill hole an hour and half away from me on this other course that this new Tern will love. I can't wait to get over this stomach flu so I can get back on the course to try this baby. It's gonna be sweet. :D

And another thing is Scott Papa signed the invoice sheet. I thought that was cool as hell.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 pm

No doubt there are some more stable Terns, as with any disc...PLH, dome, plastic. Hope your new one with higher PLH works out well for you.

But if you really want a more stable Tern, maybe check out the Crank. They're just as big distance, but a little straighter flight(i.e. tighter S curve).
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:44 am

BentElbow11 wrote:No doubt there are some more stable Terns, as with any disc...PLH, dome, plastic. Hope your new one with higher PLH works out well for you.

But if you really want a more stable Tern, maybe check out the Crank. They're just as big distance, but a little straighter flight(i.e. tighter S curve).

You know as much As I would love to try the Crank I'm really trying to stick to using less molds. If I need a little more stability out of my Tern I usually adjust the Hyzer Angle so it don't flip up too flat on me. I might find one in the used bin one of these day though. If so I'll for sure try one. I've found some good plastic in the used bin. :D

The Crank does look and feel like an Awesome disc. When they released the Big Z plastic a couple of weeks back I got a chance to feel the Crank in that plastic. It felt so much better than regular Z

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 am

Yeh, sounds like you're pretty committed to the Tern. I liked the feel of the Crank too, more streamlined than other Discraft max D drivers.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment